Will I get in with my GCSE's

Discussion in 'Imperial College School of Medicine' started by johnmanner, Aug 28, 2013.

1. johnmanner

johnmanner New Member

Hi I got my GCSE results:

4A's(Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics), 4B's (English Language, English Literature, Geography and RE) + 1D in French + 2 distinctions

They are terrible but if I work hard in AS level and A levels and get like 2A* and 1A, do you think I stand a chance. I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics in a levels and I'm determined to work hard.

Do you think I might be able to get into any one of these's Universities for medicine:

Keele, Imperial, Leeds and Leicester?

But I really want to get into Imperial! So badly!

2. Cosmocos

Cosmocos New Member

Your GCSEs aren't that bad. How are they compared to your school? Some unis compare your results to your year group. Check if you meet the minimum requirements for the unis for the GCSEs you have as some might require an A in English Language. A-Levels are a big step in terms of workload and exams, rather than recalling knowledge, it's about being able to apply it to unfamiliar situations, that's what makes an A/A* student at A-level. You meet the minimum requirements for the GCSEs for Imperial, but if you want to stand out you're going to have to ace the BMAT. I'd start early if I were you.