1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Higher?

Discussion in 'Scottish Highers' started by RichardFl, Aug 23, 2011.

1. RichardFl

RichardFl New Member

Hi, I am in the early stages of studying my Highers and hope to apply for Medical School during the year I take my Advanced Highers. I am currently taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English and Geography but as Standard Grade I did better at Music than Geography.

I am therefore thinking of switching my Geography to Music. Because if I take Music I stand a good chance of AAAAA while with Geography I may get AAAAB with B being my Geography grade.

But which is better. An A in (what some medical schools may think is) a less academic subject such as Music or a B in probably a higher academic subject such as Geography?

I have to decide very quickly and have been going around and around in my head worrying about it.

2. kaodeve

kaodeve New Member

have replied in your other post.

3. RichardFl

RichardFl New Member

Thanks kaodeve. :) I actually prefer Geography but I am better at Music it seems.

Having looked at some min requirements in Scottish Med Schools they all pretty well officially state AAAAB at Higher. If I go for the subjects where I hope to get AAAAA (by taking Music) then it also allows me to slip up in one subject and still get AAAAB but if I take Geography and I slip up I could be facing AAABB which will not be good enough even if I have a good UKCAT score too.

So, I think I have pretty well answered my own question.

4. mangos756

mangos756 New Member

Thank You.