Where Do i Go BSMS or Cardiff? Help Please!

Discussion in 'Brighton and Sussex Medical School' started by runnerboy24, Apr 23, 2008.

1. runnerboy24

runnerboy24 New Member

Hi, sorry to post a thread similar to others but im really stuck. Finally at the second attempt I have got 2 offers to study medicine, 1 is at BSMS and the other in my hometown of Cardiff. I really have no idea of which one I should go to. Does anyone know of any small things on the BSMS course which I might not have heard of? + If you are already studying at BSMS what is it like? What are the best bits/worst bits? Thank You

2. elz

elz New Member

dunno much about cardiff but do they do full body disection like b'ton?
    look at things like-
    whens first patient contact
    what suits ur learning style better

i know brighton are quite up on CBL

3. babylon-child

babylon-child New Member

I had the same choice this time last year.
    I went for Brighton mainly because I like the sun. May not be the best basis for choice but I'm very happy and doubt I could be more so at Cardiff.

4. Prolific

Prolific New Member

Brighton is a great city, I'm sure cardiff is fun as well but the atmosphere in brighton is very friendly, everyone just wants to have a good time. Both courses are second to none, but if cardiff is your hometown you may want to stay (likewise that might be every reason to leave). I quite liked being fairly close to my family for my UG degree, but then I was still an hour and a half drive away, I don't think i'd have wanted to stay in the same city and presumably the same house.

5. piccles

piccles New Member

difficult choice you have there - both have some benefits but overall I would opt for Cardiff. More prestigious, well known, longer record of teaching med students so more experience, well entrenched team, excellent hospitals, cool city, centralised, and to cap it all your in the greatest country in the world; Wales - although cardiff isnt very welsh lol :)

6. Ryan118120

Ryan118120 New Member

Sorry I have to ask, what is CBL???

7. smilingsophie

smilingsophie New Member

cas based learning maybe? we do more CBL from third year onwards. In first and second year it is more lecture based :)