1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when do queen's start giving out offers?

Discussion in 'Queens University Belfast Medical School' started by naomi, Sep 27, 2005.

1. naomi

naomi New Member

any1 kno when they start giving out offers? i.e. people who got in last year when did u get your offers?

2. irishnaz

irishnaz New Member

Got mine on the 15th of October.

3. irishnaz

irishnaz New Member

But I was sitting with 3As and a B already

4. las

las New Member

I know its a bit off the subject of the thread but I have 4A's at A-levels and an A in an AS-level already, however I did not receive 6A*'s at GCSE like Queens want but 5A*'s instead. How likely do you think is an offer for me in 2006 from Queens? I also did not receive my A at AS level on the first sitting. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

5. naomi

naomi New Member

hi Irishnaz
    i have 4 A's already but did u send your form off really early to get an offer on the 15th?

6. simac

simac New Member

Las mate, Queens no longer want 6 A*'s. Theyre now asking for about one/two A stars out of 9A/A*'s. I got this off their head admissions person, who said i'd have definitly got an offer this year and would probably this year, and i only have 4A*'s.

7. las

las New Member

Thanks simac thats great to hear. Hopefully we will both get into Queens this year then. Good luck on the other unis you have applied to, and thanks for the post. You've made my day! :p

8. naomi

naomi New Member

i thought they give u points so 4 points for an A*, 3 for an A etc and they take the top 9 GCSE's. that's what it said in a leaflet they sent me with the 2006 prospectus anyway!

9. simac

simac New Member

Yeah they do, but the points they now look for equate to i think one A* and eight A's. Sorry if that confused you.

10. naomi

naomi New Member

but surely if all of those are A* then you get more points......i mean doesn't it all add up?

11. simac

simac New Member

Yeah lol you get more points. What i mean is the minimum they want, ie offers to those above it, is one star and eight A's.