Votes: 83 65.4%
  • 700-799

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • 800-900

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

space_fra

there was a thread like this for 2008, so I thought it could be a good idea to do it for 2009 as well. I apologize if it already existed.

magpie7

Darn my 2.5 points off 700! xD

Nice idea too!

Maybe could have broken the 600-699 up a bit though, as most will score in this category and it would have been good to see a more precise distribution. =D

space_fra

come on everyone, don't be shy, take the poll! we only have 13 votes so far, I'm sure more than 13 people have sat the UKCAT

pistol_offire

Darn my 2.5 points off 700! xD

Nice idea too!

Maybe could have broken the 600-699 up a bit though, as most will score in this category and it would have been good to see a more precise distribution. =D
Yeah I agree that would be better, can't the poll be edited?. I take my UKCAT on the 16th so ill vote then.

My UKCAT is on Friday wish me luck, I have not done much practise just the 600 QS book, I find Decision Analysis & verbal ok but hate abstract and quantitative reasoning arghhh.

Doing Biomedical sciences prdicted a 2:1

musama91

Just did it today. Merked it but very VERY dissappointed.

Average: 687.5
verbal: 600
quantitative: 720
abstract: 730
decision: 700

If only I got another700 in verbal.
I had about 5-6 minutes left at the end of verbal as well.
Guessed some of quantitavtive and abstract because time ran out
Also had about 5 minutes left during decision

Did good though - should get a couple of interviews.

Advice for anyone yet to do it - if its in the morning then GREAT, you'll be fresh. If not, then sleep late so you wake up only a couple of hours before the exam - being fresh helps A LOT!

I was fasting so I think we should add another 200 marks ;)

Oh yeah, are there any unis which put particular emphasis on UKCAT (i know queens do because if you get a good score they give you interview even if your grades are a bit 'iffy')

Hi every1, I just done my UKCAT but I didn't do well at all :'( I really feel like shit. I found da 1st section, verbal to be so hard coz there was not enough time to read the passages and the wording was difficult..and I panicked then i started guessing it. For other sections I run out of time guessed the last 15 questions at least and didnt finish abstract coz i cudnt see any pattern i just guessed... You are meant to get above 600 in each section and total of 6400, this is what i got:

Verbal 490/900
Qunatitative 630/900
Abstract 530/900
Decision Analysis,.. 690/900

Giving me an average 0f 585 and total of 2340, most unis want avg.600 and total of 2400. I am soooo disappointed I honestly thought I would get at least 650. Can I still apply to 4yr graduate medicine???? If soo which unis pls. I am predicted a 2:1 in Biomedical Sciences, I really wanted to apply for Barts 4 & 5 year but I don't know what to do now, please help. Any advice is highly appreciated?? I have done more than 6 months voluntary work, lots of work experiences, worked part-time in health industry and have a very good personal statement. Is just my UKCAT score poor :(

Life is sooo noot fair :'( , always the bright and intellegent ones suffer. I know so many people in my course that always have retakes to do in summer yet they got above 630. This is why UKCAT should not be used is pointless, I hate UKCAT, arghhhhhhhhh

Kinkerz

I am very suspicious about this test. In the DA and AR i am 90% sure i got most of them right

How can you possibly be so sure when you have no mark scheme and probably can't remember 90% of the questions...

infact i only guessed on 5 questions in AR. This is wierd.
So what? Just because you only guessed five doesn't mean you got the rest right.

magpie7

How can you possibly be so sure when you have no mark scheme and probably can't remember 90% of the questions...

So what? Just because you only guessed five doesn't mean you got the rest right.
I'll just quote this... As it's everything I was also scratching my head over.

Gowrav

Lol i knew if i posted that these questions would crop up..well it's a gut feeling that i had that i got most of those sections right. O well i agree with you're points.

DuineAsEireann

Devastated, absolutely crushed. I can't believe how miserably I did in VR and AR :( They were the two I was expecting to do best in!

VR - 560
QR - 720
AR - 600 :( :(
DA - 670

That leaves me with 2550 or 637.5 average.

Balls, well there goes med school in the UK. To Ireland now, I suppose. :(

Kinkerz

Devastated, absolutely crushed. I can't believe how miserably I did in VR and AR :( They were the two I was expecting to do best in!

VR - 560
QR - 720
AR - 600 :( :(
DA - 670

That leaves me with 2550 or 637.5 average.

Balls, well there goes med school in the UK. To Ireland now, I suppose. :(
Be quiet.

DuineAsEireann

Be quiet.
Excuse me? I'm sorry if I offended, but it was simply a reaction to my score, I was hoping (obviously false hope) to do much better.

And also, as I'm Irish I don't have the luxury of using GCSE results. All we have is the Junior Cert which is next to useless when applying to the UK, so the UKCAT was really important for my application.

Forgive me if I came across as untactful and arrogant, I was just literally home from my exam and very disappointed. :)

-Eireann