Welcome to the Adelaide Medical School Forum

Discussion in 'Adelaide Medical School' started by Admin, Apr 25, 2006.

1. afrochoo

afrochoo New Member

i believe it's still possible to obtain a visa pretty easily..but the plane ticket and accommodation will be pretty challenging...then again, that's when we do get in..haha...the waiting is so tiring..=/

2. Med86

Med86 New Member

Hi guys, any new offers yet?

3. afrochoo

afrochoo New Member

nope..still nothing..i emailed the admissions office yesterday but no reply as of yet...=/

4. Med86

Med86 New Member

hey 2nd rounds are out... i just got my offer today! got till next friday to accept it. =)

5. afrochoo

afrochoo New Member

looks like i didn't get in...=/ oh well....congrats by the way..=))

6. Med86

Med86 New Member

hey thanks... chill man, hope that someone rejects the offer and you may be next in line! i just got my offer from UWA too...now i'm confused and undecided, and am having so much trouble finding an air ticket and accommodation now hah...hai last minute rush

7. afrochoo

afrochoo New Member

ohhh..wow...hope you can get them soon...=))) i wonder how the university's gona answer to the students who got their offers this late...if they even have an answer or a plan to support the students who end up entering the uni late thanks to their late offers...

8. shortspike07

shortspike07 New Member

hey dude congrats!!! from what i have heard adelaide is a pretty quite town with not much to do. perth is alot more lively, but MILES away from the rest of the big cities. also, uwa isnt PBL, so uve got to decide which one u are better suited for. im pretty sure that all of the residential colleges are full now, but u may still get into the village. just get on the phone and start calling around and begging ;) ive already got everything except my visa sorted, so if u have any more questions just private message me

9. vdnabliss

vdnabliss New Member

i miss adelaide
    i miss the pbl course
    i miss ted cleary

;)

10. jonneh

jonneh New Member

hi everyone!

i'll be sitting for my PQA next monday and i'm kinda nervous. does anyone have any tips or hints regarding the test whatsoever?
    it'll be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    jon

11. superman88

superman88 New Member

Hey jonneh, i'm sitting for the PQA test too next monday in Singapore.Are u from Spore too??.Actually i'm very unprepared since i dunno what to prepare.how about your preparation?.I asked my consultant, but she said I can't really prepare for this test.I tried to look for some PQA question on the internet but i hardly find them.

12. jonneh

jonneh New Member

hey and yea i'm from singapore. yep i've been told you can't prepare too but i've been doing some GRE practice questions (my mum has the book).
    i guess it isn't really related but just stuff to keep your mind active. the only pqa practice i could find were the ones given in the pdf file by adelaide and that was pretty easy.

ps. i screwed my ISAT but i read that pqa is different and i certainly hope so.

13. superman88

superman88 New Member

At least you tried to prepare.Unlike me.you've taken ISAT?how was it?.Haha, maybe i should try ur method as well.. my brother got the GRE book.Btw, what course are u applying?I applied for dentistry.Oh could you send me the link to download the pdf question from adelaide?

14. jonneh

jonneh New Member

haha sure,

"You must bring a printout of this letter, photo bearing identification, a 2B lead pencil, eraser and a pencil sharpener to the PQA. Failure to bring any of these items will result in refusal of entry to the session.

Information about the PQA and sample questions can be found at:

Personal Qualties Assessment (PQA) (You will need Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater to view this site.) "

just copied and pasted from the email they sent me, i think it should be somewhere there.

is your consultant Hui & Kuah Pte Ltd too?

eh gtg out now add me jonnywalk3r@hotmail.com or something ttyl

i'm applying both medicine and dentistry btw.

15. superman88

superman88 New Member

jonneh, got any news from adelaide yet?? Btw did you apply for other universities other than adelaide??

16. thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon New Member

anyone from s'pore heard anything from adelaide yet?

17. superman88

superman88 New Member

well , yeah.. i have interview on 16th september... anyone can give me tips for interview?

18. timezzz

timezzz New Member

Regarding the PQA test

is the pqa test that hard and by the way, usually how many international applicants get accepted ?

19. Alex Lau

Alex Lau New Member

Has any one received med or dent offer yet?