• 740-759

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • 760>

Votes: 20 18.9%

• Total voters

Dr Freddy

Hi,

I got 720 (590-660-840-790)

I will make 2 or 3 choices using GAMSAT, and the 1 or 2 left I will apply to Newcastle, King's or both. I think my overall might be ok for Newcastle, but is there any way I can find out if my score is in the top 25% (for King's application)? because it will be a waste of choice if I am not.

Does this look like a fair distribution of choices with the uncertainty of GAMSAT? Nottingham, Peninsula, King's and Newcastle (I excluded SGUL because they could be a bit rigid regarding my first degree which is non-UK and they already refused to provide any information about its eligibility prior to application)

Any advice??

thanks

Bubbleking

I registered for this at the last minute and without any study (I didnt even know the format) I got 640

That seems pretty poor considering the table is it even worth applying?

lilthepil

Warwick GEP

I spoke to the admissions people at warwick asking how they use the UKCAT. They said you need atleast a total of 2600 normally (which is 650 average so not as high as some other places). They also said they would not except anyone who had a subtest that was 2 standard deviations below the mean of all applicants in that subtest. I'm a bit worried because I got 580 in VR and have no idea whether that is greater than 2 standard deviations below the mean - I realise there is no way of knowing this for certain unless you know what everyone got, but on a probabilistic note do ppl think that is below? It depends what the average is on the subtest but if we take it to be around 650 (based on the average cut-off mark for being called to interview) then I am 70 marks below which mean a standard deviation of 35 - due to the huge number of applicants and the fact there mean is low-ish it does seem possible I could scrape through. Thoughts?

kaodeve

I registered for this at the last minute and without any study (I didnt even know the format) I got 640

That seems pretty poor considering the table is it even worth applying?
Gear your choices towards unis that don't weigh the UKCAT too heavily e.g. Aberdeen (4%). Still apply!

MEDEVAC

Well I sat it today and got 730, 820, 660 and 730 so 735 overall. Reckon I have a shot at Kings's now?

I'm glad that's over with! I turned up and was the only person in the USA that has sat it so they brought the test forward for me. Kind of like a science experiment in there.

lilthepil

I spoke to Barts admissions people and last year they gace everyone who got a UKCAT total score of above 2720 (which is 680 per section average). Do people think it'll be a much higher cut-off point this year? I got 2770 so that would have been enough for getting an interview last year but don't know if it'll be enough for this year!

faith777

742.5 (in sig)- VR gutted me this year.
Amazed my score increased by 137.5 points from last year (605)! Such a silly test it is...

Well done everyone who sat the UKCAT, higher and lower scorers alike! :)