• 720-739

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • 740-759

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • 760>

Votes: 20 18.9%

• Total voters

Jip24

Smart move. How was your timing. were you able to finish everything in time?

ob[x];746396 said:
qr was a mixed bag (between pt 1 and the short test) - i was having a panic attack the day before after doing the practise tests; i employed a technique my friend used which was guess and flag the long ones and accurately attempt the shorter ones and then return to the flagged ones

Genevieve

I've got mine booked for the very last day of testing, so scared now. Really need to get my head down and get practicing. I would be overjoyed with a score of 680ish but i'll probably get -100 of that if i'm lucky.

gep2010

Badly. Well the second half went badly, first half was good. So yeah, bye bye King's :( (And Southampton might be an issue too).

May as well give up now :(

kaodeve

GEP2010
So why not apply to a uni that doesn't rate the UKCAT so highly and even one that doesn't use it? Did you sit GAMSAT?
All is not lost.....

gep2010

GEP2010
So why not apply to a uni that doesn't rate the UKCAT so highly and even one that doesn't use it? Did you sit GAMSAT?
All is not lost.....
Yup, I sat GAMSAT thankfully (if you can ever be thankful for that exam!!) So will probably go for SGUL and Nottingham. I could risk Southampton for both the 4 and 5 year I guess.

Urghh, bloody Decision Analysis.

Fluffle

Chin up GEP 2010 :D With a good PS and Reference (and obviously GAMSAT score pending), you may still have a chance. Don't give up.

aiwan

Hi, Philippa,
I got similar score to yours. I might be counted in international. I was wondering that what do you think of the rejection? Is it because your UKCAT is not as good as others or some other reasons? Because I also want to apply for a GEP in London or Ox, but I really have no idea what is a good score for GEP. thanks a lot.

Martigan

Super Moderator
Yup, I sat GAMSAT thankfully (if you can ever be thankful for that exam!!) So will probably go for SGUL and Nottingham. I could risk Southampton for both the 4 and 5 year I guess.

Urghh, bloody Decision Analysis.
I would consider Swansea.

gep2010

I would consider Swansea.
I did have a serious pondering session about it but I've got a friend who's there doing a PhD (not med related though) and I think I've heard just too many negative things about the uni in general which has put me off slightly :confused:

Martigan

Super Moderator
Have you got other "references", in case it’s a personal issue to just that one person?

I have a friend there (on the GEP course) who is loving it! What faculty is your Phd friend in? Would his/her experience be reflective of all faculties?

I would consider getting a bigger sample and ensure it included the GEP group before writing it off. Plus to be honest, one your leave where you studied appears to be largely irrelevant.

gep2010

Yeah, it's mainly to do with resources and general attitudes towards older students but like you say could be personal. Arts students are never happy either ;) :D

My other issue is I don't want to put all my eggs in the GAMSAT basket as I doubt I'll be 'performing to a satisfactory standard'.

Shall do some more research though :)

Last edited:

sam52

This was my first time for the UKCAT test, and annoyingly, O god, I did rather shockingly bad.

The VR was a killer! only scored 520 in that - HOW INSULTING!
QR 680
A 590
DA 530 (AGAIN THE SHOCKER!) av. of 587.5 (POOR!!)

I will be a graduate entrant (21 years old) with a 2:1 in Bsc (hons) Psychology, but doubt now I'll get into anywhere with such dissapointing scores. Panicked Much!

I really fancied Warwick, quite impressed with their open day to be honest, and even though the UKCAT is not as heavily weighted at Warwick when compared to other graduate entry programs, I have a feeling that this simply won't be good enough.

My personal statement is not bad at all, and I have wealth of experience in various clinical settings.
I worked as a domicilary care worker to the elderly with mental health issues such as Schizophrenia, Alzheimers etc for 6 months.

I now work as a HealthCare Assistant part-time in Orthopaedics performing venepuncture, urinanalysis, observations and dressings (mostly in pre-opps assessment) I've also sat in on the Outpatients clinics at the hospital as I'm pretty friendly with the consultants now! Spinal was great, and I got to spinal triage patients and score their "TANGO" forms.

I also have an Nhs Professionals contract which allows me to bank at nearby trusts and PCT's, so have got experience with children, a & e, trauma and neuroscience.

Hopefully Warwick will consider me (highly doubt it - but you never know!) if not I'll just have to try again next year and spend the year finding good "techniques" and gaining I suppose, more experience!!! (was also looking into Leicester, Kings and Keele - however based on the UKCAT score, it will defo not be good enough!)

With that in mind, I'm not sure whether I should apply at all!!

What are your opinions? Your thoughts would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks All!

P.S sooo dissapointed.