UKCAT SCORES (for 2008 takers) - poll

UKCAT scores (2008 takers) - what is your average result?!?

• 300 - 449

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 450 - 499

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 500 - 549

Votes: 19 5.5%
  • 550 - 599

Votes: 35 10.1%
  • 600 - 649

Votes: 90 25.9%
  • 650 - 699

Votes: 104 30.0%
  • 700 - 749

Votes: 61 17.6%
  • 750 - 799

Votes: 24 6.9%
  • 800 - 849

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 850 - 900

Votes: 8 2.3%

• Total voters

Giggy

Verbal Reasoning - 730
Quantitative Reasoning - 780
Abstract Reasoning - 880
Decision Analysis - 750

An average of 785 for me. :)

hoonosewot88

V.R - 690
Q.R - 740
A.R - 610
D.A - 790
707.5 average and 2830 overall score.
Personality thing said i "equally value the needs, well-being, and freedom of individuals and the laws, norms and rights of society. When you feel a conflict between what a person should be able to do and what society allows them to do you are likely to try hard to balance these interests".

Overall i was very pleased with my UKCAT, not exceptional like Giggy above me but still very strong. Just a real pity that i struggle so much with AR, i'v always been a far more logical than lateral thinker. However i shouldn't really complain as 610 is still average.

Last edited:

AndrewD

I'm not applying to kings :p

but I do still have to decide two more places to apply to! Any recommendations?

Gooner16

Mine's on the 21st August so don't have any results yet but I just need to ask a quick question to those that have taken it

you know on the sections there is not enough time to complete all the questions....well say you have like a minute left....couldn't you just quickly go through the rest of the questions and click any answer? you don't lose marks for incorrect answers do you so I was thinkin it would make sense to do that because you might get some right

also did any of you buy any UKCAT guide books or whatever? I was just gonna do the practice test on the website and that's it...is that ok?

AndrewD

It was an evil laugh iHeart, should have been more like mwhahahahahahahaha.

I didn't do BMAT so you're safe for now. I might apply to Barts though. Or maybe Manchester. Or Newcastle. Or Glasgow. Or anywhere that will accept me!

AndrewD

yeah Gooner, in a roundabout way it recommends that during the actual test. I know I guessed about 20% of the QR questions!

iheartmedicine

the bmat is not until november, so you have time to change your mind and apply to imperial or ucl. will imperial let you do a 5 year course with your current degree?

AndrewD

I suppose that's true. But I already did UKCAT and need no more stress!

I think Barts looks quite good, so does Dundee. However, I am quite comfortable in Edinburgh - which also has an amazing medical school!

iheartmedicine

i liked it for two years, but then i wanted to be in a bigger city. i did not like the summers when it would be inundated with visitors!

iheartmedicine

Yeah I finished my BA and then did an MA in London. I began doing a PhD and then realised that I was following the wrong path. That is the danger of doing one degree after the other without any breaks.