UKCAT Score Overall 2570 - Is this enough?

Discussion in 'Cardiff Medical School' started by JoeSavage, Aug 31, 2011.

1. JoeSavage

JoeSavage New Member

Hey, I completed the UKCAT test today woop! Got 2570 overall with an average of 642.5, is this enough for applying to Cardiff?

2. heroes

heroes New Member

I couldnt say for sure, but the uni website says there is no threshold for UKCAT. Im not sure how they use it, do you know? Sorry for not being able to help but as for scores I havent been able to find anything.

3. JoeSavage

JoeSavage New Member

Yeah thats what the student room wiki is saying so fingers crossed its up to date :)

4. Snowflake

Snowflake New Member

That should be fine I'd say! According to the admissions tutor, they don't really look at UKCAT only if they're trying to distinguish between any close candidates for a place or during the selectino stage for interviews if you're a borderlining candidate - either way, they'll only use it to your advantage! =]
    I've seem people getting as high as 750 and getting rejected, and as not so high as 580 and getting an offer! =D

5. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

But also he was applying 2 years ago... ;)

6. Snowflake

Snowflake New Member

... =p

7. impatient

impatient New Member

Cardiff dont use UKCAT to filter at the moment. They want you do to the UKCAT so they can build up their database of UKCAT scores which they will then compare to graduating students to see if there is any correlation. Then in the future they may use UKCAT as a filter if the correlation proves its useful.