Ukcat Results!!!! Who Got What??

rach4581

I Learned Today That Each Section (theres 4) Is Out Of 900 And The Average Result Is 500-700 Per Section. I Sat My Test Today And Was Really Disappointed, I Dont Think I Will Be Impressing Anybody!! My Average Is 580 So Im An Overall Average Gal According To Ukcat But Average Is Not Very Impressive Is It!!?? Is There Any Point In Applying To Uni?! Totally Bummed! How Did Everyone Else Do??

golaiya1

you can't really start sayin urs is really bad cos u haven't seen anyone elses yet only about two people have posted theres up already. So just wait till everyone else posts theres up it. urs might not be so bad

rach4581

other people on here must be very brainy as one person said they got 900 for one section!!! i only completed two sections! i ran outta time for the others! bugger! well, i tried my best and tried to be as quick as possible. i just have to hope everyone applying to newcastle fluffed their exams so i dont look quite as average!!! hehe. oh dear i need a stiff drink.

ive been wetting myself for weeks over this i so wanted to ace it. i did the practise questions and did really well with them, except the ruddy shapes ones. eh well.

just gonna have to write a super cool excellent personal statement and hope i win their hearts that way!

emz11

I did the test on the 8th and my results were as follows:

Verbal Reasoning: 680
Quantitative Reasoning: 680
Abstract Reasoning: 710
Decision Analysis: 660

So pretty average if the 500-700 thing is accurate.

What i dont understand is how UKCAT will pass my results onto UCAS when i didnt fill in the UCAS ID Number part when registering to take the test. Anyone know??

Sikhman

You apparently don;t need to write them on. The UKCAT consortium will send them to your relevant unis. So, u don;t have to worry about it, it should be dun for you.

emz11

Sikhman said:
You apparently don;t need to write them on. The UKCAT consortium will send them to your relevant unis. So, u don;t have to worry about it, it should be dun for you.

Yeah but i dont see how they know who "my relevant unis" are if i didnt fill in the part of the application that asks for you UCAS ID. I guess they must just match my other details e.g. name d.o.b etc??

rach4581

oh doom and gloom!!! iv yet to meet someone who has a lower mark than me!!! i must be the only one who struggled wit this exam! some sections were ok i actually liked the bit wit the key an u had to translate what each sentence was into numbers and letters or vice versa. think that was the abstract reasoning bit. eh heck its done now. cant change it. ill just have to hope and wait an see.

i do hope everyone else has done well anyway, im so glad its over and done with!!!

if anyone has similar results it wud be reassuring tho! i feel out on a limb and all cold and alone....................... :)

FutureMed

rach4581 said:
oh doom and gloom!!! iv yet to meet someone who has a lower mark than me!!! i must be the only one who struggled wit this exam! some sections were ok i actually liked the bit wit the key an u had to translate what each sentence was into numbers and letters or vice versa. think that was the abstract reasoning bit. eh heck its done now. cant change it. ill just have to hope and wait an see.

i do hope everyone else has done well anyway, im so glad its over and done with!!!

if anyone has similar results it wud be reassuring tho! i feel out on a limb and all cold and alone....................... :)
did they just email u the score? i did mines in late Aug-when should i expect the result?

rach4581

no they printed it off for me so when i left the exam i collected it at the desk. apparently the only started doing this from september 8th. dunno why they didnt jus do this to begin with instead of keeping everyone waiting. i originally had mine booked for 22nd aug but i had to rearrange it, im glad i did! the guy there said that everyone elses result will follow in the next couple of weeks as someone before me was asking.

so good luck everyone!!

*em*

emz11 said:
I did the test on the 8th and my results were as follows:

Verbal Reasoning: 680
Quantitative Reasoning: 680
Abstract Reasoning: 710
Decision Analysis: 660

So pretty average if the 500-700 thing is accurate.

What i dont understand is how UKCAT will pass my results onto UCAS when i didnt fill in the UCAS ID Number part when registering to take the test. Anyone know??
how soon did you get your results? i know people (including myself) who have waited longer than a month and still have no results! so they email you?
Help someone

em

kingsforever

I did the test yesterday. If anyone wants to know my score, they are:
530, 870, 700, 500
I really hope that the unis will not take the UKCAT score really seriously. Different unis will look at the score in different ways. Does anyone have any idea how they will look at the scores? This would make a big difference to my application. Will they take the average, or look at individual sections? Obviously this is the first year they use the UKCAT, so no one really knows how they will use the score. But what do you think?

adam2484

just tried the practice test, i start in september so don't need it but thought it would be interesting to try it.

It's quite difficult, first glances reminded me of the bmat test for oxbridge students.

are there no more practice questions, cos if its just those 16 or so q's on the website that are available then i think it's unfair.

gymmet

Yeah I swear everyone's getting quite high marks on quantitative... amazing when everyone's complaining about it! Hopefully the computer will be nice for mine :)

hala_hally88

i went to medsim this year and there was a sort of short lecture thing abbout ukcat. the guy told us that unis will use it if they have 2 very similar applicants that they can't decide between. they'll look at ukcat and whoever did better will go through. he made it sound as though it wasn't all that important and it's one of the last things universities look at.

gymmet

Sheffield said the same thing at open day. They basically said they won't put too much thought into it unless it's a decision between two very similar people, then it may be a deciding factor.

reggie

hey did anyone go to the Kaplan workshop thingy and have got that book from it; "understanding test day". Im just wondering if the book is good enough to revise from.