UKCAT RESULTS (2007 takers)

Anitaisdabest

Hey!
I started a new thread for this years UKCAT exam takers , jst so that we could compare our results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've jst taken mine bt have NO idea if its good enough for Barts. I got 900 (full marks:D ) for the one section but for the another I got below average where I got 450:( !!!

I don't know whether Barts will be put off by my 450 score, or will they appreciate my 900/900 mark??

Verbal R. : 450
Quantita : 650
Abstract : 900
Decision : 680

(Average is 670:confused: )

Are there any Barts medical students frm last yr who gt their UKCAT results?? and gt in?? Its jst that I've heard that Barts filters off the top 800 candidates according to their UKCAT score....bt how do they use them? do they use the average or use the highest marks?? Any views?? THANKS!!

emelianenko

Hey!
I started a new thread for this years UKCAT exam takers , jst so that we could compare our results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've jst taken mine bt have NO idea if its good enough for Barts. I got 900 (full marks:D ) for the one section but for the another I got below average where I got 450:( !!!

I don't know whether Barts will be put off by my 450 score, or will they appreciate my 900/900 mark??

Verbal R. : 450
Quantita : 650
Abstract : 900
Decision : 680

(Average is 670:confused: )

Are there any Barts medical students frm last yr who gt their UKCAT results?? and gt in?? Its jst that I've heard that Barts filters off the top 800 candidates according to their UKCAT score....bt how do they use them? do they use the average or use the highest marks?? Any views?? THANKS!!
do you get ur results on the day?? how does it work?

lol and what did u do to prepare for the abstract section :D

georgiegirl

I went to the Barts open day recently and the UKCAT was talked about a lot. They said it is very important to them, but they only talked about the overall score rather than the average score, or those for individual sections. Ie 2400 is the cut off, then once they've interviewed that lot they will look at people with 2350 to 2400 overall.

Hope this helps.

George x (650/610/670/630)

Anitaisdabest

I went to the Barts open day recently and the UKCAT was talked about a lot. They said it is very important to them, but they only talked about the overall score rather than the average score, or those for individual sections. Ie 2400 is the cut off, then once they've interviewed that lot they will look at people with 2350 to 2400 overall.

Hope this helps.

George x (650/610/670/630)
Ok that means that my total is 2680. Thank u so much George!! This information really helps!!

arienette

Bear in mind though that that was last year, and the cut-off was based on looking at the scores of all the applicants. If the scores of applicants this year are higher then the cut-off will also be higher (and with this being the second year and there being more information available about the test, the scores may well be higher). But don't worry - with 2680 I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Anitaisdabest

Thanks arienette. I did some research and the cut-off point is 2400 (George u were right).

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/faqs/index.html

Cut-off for Barts is 2400

See above web page.

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Bear in mind though that that was last year, and the cut-off was based on looking at the scores of all the applicants. If the scores of applicants this year are higher then the cut-off will also be higher (and with this being the second year and there being more information available about the test, the scores may well be higher). But don't worry - with 2680 I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Jhesam

Thank god thats over

Had my UKCAT this morning. I was certainly bricking it regarding the AR as this was where I fell down all over the place (but not as badly as in the real thing today!) when I initially did the UKCAT website practice test. I thought the UKCAT book was of some use until I came to do todays test too, what a waste of time :mad:. Oh and of course it didn't mention the 5th section whatsoever either so that was a nice surprise when my bladder was about to explode following the DA.

Oh well!

VR: 700
QR: 690
AR: 590 (!)
DA:710

2690/672

Pretty pleased overall, though I still feel I could have done better on the AR if I hadn't rushed my first look through. Ah well, roll on October 15th!

arabella

I did mine this morning too, glad its over now :) I got 780/720/720/660 (total 2880, average 720) Those stupid codes let me down a bit but I'm really happy, I didnt know what marks to expect at all. I can't believe you managed to get full marks anita, that's amazing! Anyhow, good luck to anyone who hasn't done it yet xxx

jdamisa

I did my ukcat test today and i got a very poor result,this is not likely to get me into a medical school.so I would like to know if one can resit the test.
VR:540
QR:500
AR:330
DA:480

doc2bee

Off the UKCAT website:

'Can I re-sit the UKCAT if I think I did badly?
No. You may only sit the UKCAT once each year. If you try to sit it twice in the same test window (i.e. 18 June 2007 to 10 October 2007), the later sitting will be automatically invalidated and the later result will be void.

To have another go at the UKCAT, you would have to re-apply to university in the next admissions year.'

Sorry!

cqhm

uhh i would like to know the cut off for uni of manchester, i know certain uni's like sounthampton is 2200, as one of the members mentioned earlier? i got 2250 :( really disappointed, i got my email two days back, and this is what i got:

Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you appear to balance being self-sufficient, discreet and happy to make your own decisions with being socially and emotionally engaged and outgoing.

Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you equally value the needs, well-being, and freedom of individuals and the laws, norms and rights of society. When you feel a conflict between what each person should be able to do and what society expects them to do, you are likely to try hard to balance these interests

lauraread90

does any one knoe if there is a cut off mark for brighton- sussex, Peninsular, Hull-york and east anglia? i got 450, 650, 520, 560 so a total of 2180! not as good as everyone else on here i know....
hope someone can help!

doc2bee

does any one knoe if there is a cut off mark for brighton- sussex, Peninsular, Hull-york and east anglia? i got 450, 650, 520, 560 so a total of 2180! not as good as everyone else on here i know....
hope someone can help!

Most unis don't have cut offs and just consider the UKCAT score along with everything else on your application. Try not to panic too much about your score. Your best bet is to email the universities and ask them yourself just so you feel reassured :)

Anitaisdabest

I did mine this morning too, glad its over now :) I got 780/720/720/660 (total 2880, average 720) Those stupid codes let me down a bit but I'm really happy, I didnt know what marks to expect at all. I can't believe you managed to get full marks anita, that's amazing! Anyhow, good luck to anyone who hasn't done it yet xxx
Yup bt they dnt look at individual sections at Barts, jst the overall!! Well done to u Arabella though, 720!! Anyways I'm going to forget abt the UKCAT now and start worrying abt A-levels results!!;)

Abz187

Hi everyone.

I have got my cat test next week and was wondering if anybody has got any tips or advice on how to do well on the verbal reasoning section of the test? The help would be much appreciated.

arabella

abz187 - i would recommend the thread 'Regarding the UKCAT....' as its got info on all parts of the test, and good luck!

pete1184

I sat mine this afternoon and got 630/680/620/500
Av: 607.5

Only section I didn't finish was the quantitive reasoning, only got to question 33 but this was my highest score.

kristenjlaing

Did mine on Thursday, have to say I was bricking it and woke up with a fluey thing which didn't help but I'm glad it's out the way. Got 600/720/640/650 so pleased since I felt so miserable! Some of the passages in the verbal reasoning were so long so kinda ran out of time on that one. I was a bit worried about the abstract reasoning so did quite a lot of prep work and went in feeling confident but I have to say the shapes I got were much more difficult than the mock test online or in the book etc so not sure what was going on there...

babycakes

Did mine on Thursday, have to say I was bricking it and woke up with a fluey thing which didn't help but I'm glad it's out the way. Got 600/720/640/650 so pleased since I felt so miserable! Some of the passages in the verbal reasoning were so long so kinda ran out of time on that one. I was a bit worried about the abstract reasoning so did quite a lot of prep work and went in feeling confident but I have to say the shapes I got were much more difficult than the mock test online or in the book etc so not sure what was going on there...
well done!! very good!

i have mine 2moro! watch out for my results people!
i am nervous :( :( :(

emelianenko

did mine this morning. totally filled my pants with bricks. coulda done better

570, 650, 650, 480

total = 2350

didnt complete the numerical section, i think id be lucky if i made it halfway on that, so im kinda ok with tht score. Decision analysis was diff to the one in the ukcat book. had the standard question...ie gives u codes...and also gave u the statement and a list of codes and which you thought best fits it...and then gave a statement and a list of words and asked u to pick two which best, whatever the **** that means...totally left me dazed.