UKCAT for 2015 Entry

Armadillo

So who else is taking UKCAT this year?! I'm taking it on July 1st to get it out of the way. Anyone else on their 2nd UKCAT or more? Which section scares you the most? I don't like QR :mad:

*Yay, *waves pompoms*, exams that decide my future, I love them* -.-

Zedd

I'll be taking it, although probably not quite as early as that- perhaps in August. It'll be my second one; the last I took was back in 2012 and I had a bad 'experience' and ended up with a mediocre average of 640 or something like that.

I'll be going to work tomorrow with the UKCAT and some other stuff too *fun*

M150

I've got mine booked for July 26th. The only UKCAT place I'm applying to is KCL so not like there's any pressure to get a really high score or anything :rolleyes:

I wasn't liking the AR but I've been doing some on the train to work everyday and it's getting easier. At least with the GAMSAT I thought I could prepare for it more easily.

Zorg

Yup, I'll be at my centre on the 1st too. Though I feel GAMSAT is much easier to prepare for. Really struggling to motivate myself to get on top of the UKCAT after work.

nikami

Mine is on 3rd July. True that about AR. But after loads of online practise can recognize many familiar patterns.

I will be also giving GAMSAT although haven't started preparing yet.

Cheers

Nuggy

I'm booked for the 2nd July and this will be second attempt. I wanted to get it out of the way as soon as possible so I can focus on the GAMSAT. I have to agree with the QR section, mainly due to the time. But I see the timings have changed this year so hopefully that will help.

liveinhope

I have some books if anyone is interested

I'm booked for the 2nd July and this will be second attempt. I wanted to get it out of the way as soon as possible so I can focus on the GAMSAT. I have to agree with the QR section, mainly due to the time. But I see the timings have changed this year so hopefully that will help.

Any one interested in my books, GET into med school (pickard),So you want to be a doctor(Sanders,Metcalfe&dev),600 UKCAT questions,MSC Multiple Mini Interview training dvd.?

I want £25:00 for the lot........worked for me offer from Warwick 2014...

Armadillo

It's going ok. Taking UKCAT books where ever I go. On the tube, in the staffroom, in the bath! How's yours?

nikami

It's going ok. Taking UKCAT books where ever I go. On the tube, in the staffroom, in the bath! How's yours?
Same here. But not carrying book now as practise is solely online. But carrying reading article when on the tube since VR is my worry. Which date you are booked for? And your scores last year was pretty good then why do you think application was rejected??

fatimakhodair

I booked mine way later, in september. Just to give me time to wrap up everything. So I'm studying about an hour a day, well when I say studying I mean practicing. I try to get my time under control and also see where I mostly go wrong and finding a solution for it. Otherwise, it's alright.

Is anyone using the UKCAT 2014 by James Tomkins (simoncowenpublishing)? I find it extremely useful. It has tons of practice for situational judgement as well.

Armadillo

Same here. But not carrying book now as practise is solely online. But carrying reading article when on the tube since VR is my worry. Which date you are booked for? And your scores last year was pretty good then why do you think application was rejected??
I booked for july 1st 8am, but I'll see how I feel a few days beforehand and may re-book if I don't feel ready. I got rejected because Kings wanted 770 minimum, and warwick didn't like my personal statement enough to invite me to interview, but they did have 17 applicants per place, so I was probably unlucky. Second time lucky hopefully!

Is anyone using the UKCAT 2014 by James Tomkins (simoncowenpublishing)? I find it extremely useful. It has tons of practice for situational judgement as well.
Not tried that one, I've bought four practice books. Got the 600Q book, ukcat for dummies, score higher in the ukcat KAPLAN (its full of mistakes though, so annoying!), ukcat practice questions and answers. Might give MEDIFY a try too :D

fatimakhodair

I booked for july 1st 8am, but I'll see how I feel a few days beforehand and may re-book if I don't feel ready. I got rejected because Kings wanted 770 minimum, and warwick didn't like my personal statement enough to invite me to interview, but they did have 17 applicants per place, so I was probably unlucky. Second time lucky hopefully!

Not tried that one, I've bought four practice books. Got the 600Q book, ukcat for dummies, score higher in the ukcat KAPLAN (its full of mistakes though, so annoying!), ukcat practice questions and answers. Might give MEDIFY a try too :D

Well, the James Tomkins book has atrocious grammar and punctuation (not throughout the book, but still there), made me quite skeptical of the book to the point where I researched it in case I was reading false or unreliable information, but it's alright. HOWEVER, I find it frames it section quite good. I like how it also helps in terms of how to think for each section.

I'm not sure about MEDIFY, I don't know if it is a good investment.

Also, I'd like to wish you all the best! :D

LePomS

Am I leaving it late to book in August for 2015 entry?

How much time do I need to put aside for study?

Zedd

A month or so should be enough time for revision and practice and no, August isn't too late for 2015 entry- I think you can take it up until September even.

LePomS

Oki thanks I just haven't had chance to get round to looking into it all properly. Will have to study a lot as I perform mediocre on these things.

Zedd

You're probably not as bad as you think, plus the actual test isn't as hard as some of the practice questions you can get (although the situational judgement section is far too subjective).

nikami

Anyone appeared for UKCAT today?? How was the exam? It will be great if you can share few sentences of experience.
Thank you

:D