1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UCL or KCL?

Discussion in 'Medical School Interviews' started by dyates, Mar 10, 2014.

1. dyates

dyates New Member

I am an International student, and I have been conditionally accepted to UCL, King'c College London, University of Edinburgh, and University of Manchester for their Biomedical Sciences programs. I had applied to Medicine at Edinburgh, but was not accepted. My goal is to become a doctor, and I really want to practice Medicine in the UK, so my plan is to get my BSc and then apply to Medicine. I'm really leaning towards the London schools, but can't decide which program will in fact position me best for applying to Medicine. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

2. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Some Biomedical Sciences courses offer a transfer opportunity onto the medical course. I would look into that for these institutions.

Failing that, if as stated above, you plan to complete the BioMed BSc first, I'm not sure any would give you a particular advantage. In which case I would go for the one that has the best fit for how you like to study/live.

3. dyates

dyates New Member

Thanks very much for the reply, any feedback is much appreciated!

Best regards