UCL Interview - NHS information

Discussion in 'Royal Free and University College Medical School' started by Mr a.Nomaly, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Mr a.Nomaly

Mr a.Nomaly New Member

i am lucky enough in that i have an interview at UCL. However, i am international student and don't really know much about the NHS. Other than Wikipedia (which i kinda think is a superficial source, although i may be wrong) are there any other sources somebody can recommend for more information on the NHS. Also, what other areas should I prepare for (reading up on journals or books, or current affairs for example) ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bunti

Bunti New Member

Know your PS off by heart, think of any questions they can (and will) ask you about. Your given your BMAT essay in the waiting area so you can have a skim and think of any follow up points you can make. Research UCL thoroughly, what BSc's you might be interested in, the research that goes on there, partnerships with fantastic hospitals etc.

As far as NHS goes I wasn't asked anything about it but I'd been researching MRSA, c.difficile, polyclinics, transplant ethics etc.

I know that sounds like a lot of preperation but it is necessary so that you walk in there with confidence. Prepare until you feel confident, don't formulate and then regurgitate answers in there, if you've got yourself to interview you're smart enough to get your views accross on the day.

Good luck

Ryan

3. becca230289

becca230289 New Member

The differences between the NHS and your own healthcare system is a possible question...

4. Mr a.Nomaly

Mr a.Nomaly New Member

Thanks for the info guys.I had my interview yesterday, and the comparative question came up. I thought that the interview went well, but lets see what happens from here.

5. Ragaa

Ragaa New Member

Hii any tips??
    I'm also international. :)