Trainee tech SAS applications 2019

Amb

That’s good then, you will be pleased then it’s the closest to you. It could have been further away, so got to look at the positives haha x

CBJ

Hey folks,

I just missed the application period for this intake, any Ideas how often they open up? Hoping to get into Fraserburgh station.

Also apart from starting training for the physical now and learning the 2020 vision is there anything I could be doing to prepare in the meantime?

thanks and good luck to all those going through the process.

All the best

Lottie55

Did any of them say anything about the interviews? That’s what they told me but can’t see it being that soon, yes passed on Friday looking into booking my practical ☺

Amb

Did any of them say anything about the interviews? That’s what they told me but can’t see it being that soon, yes passed on Friday looking into booking my practical ☺

No, just that there were more tomorrow and that’s it finished. And he course starts in November. Fingers crossed we do find out, I hate the waiting ha. Well done, I’ve not booked mine yet x

Nicky123

Hey folks,

I just missed the application period for this intake, any Ideas how often they open up? Hoping to get into Fraserburgh station.

Also apart from starting training for the physical now and learning the 2020 vision is there anything I could be doing to prepare in the meantime?

thanks and good luck to all those going through the process.

All the best
Hey I believe its once a year but that may change! They advertise and take on so many and put some people forward to the pool incase a post comes up within a year then they will contact them!

They will ask why you want to join the ambulance service, team working, problem solving just the usual typical questions asked at an interview.

Any other questions ask away

Reactions: CBJ

CBJ

Hey I believe its once a year but that may change! They advertise and take on so many and put some people forward to the pool incase a post comes up within a year then they will contact them!

They will ask why you want to join the ambulance service, team working, problem solving just the usual typical questions asked at an interview.

Any other questions ask away
Thanks Nicky, Guess it is just a waiting game then.

I have an observer shift tomorrow so hopefully can get some insight there also.

All the best

Nicky123

Just to pre warn everyone if you haven’t got your C1 already the driving can be abit in tense if you haven’t done it before! Lucky i just passed the driving but good luck to everyone

Tim123

Just to pre warn everyone if you haven’t got your C1 already the driving can be abit in tense if you haven’t done it before! Lucky i just passed the driving but good luck to everyone
Sounds interesting... I have my theory on Tuesday for it!

stef_b

Hi all, good luck to all applied and have up-incoming interview etc. So exciting.

I'm looking for some advice from you all please.

I live in Scotland and when the next intake comes up for a Trainee Ambulance Tech I will be sure to apply. I however don't have any experience in care other than caring for my in-laws who have poor health, or hold any qualifications other than my GCSEs. I work in an admin role at present and I'm keen to get into the healthcare as I couldn't think of anything better than helping others, it excites me!

I want to have the most preferrable application when i apply and want to know of any courses I should undertake to support my application. I will sit the C1, as now have the provisional for it. Would you recommend I volunteer? I would go as far as giving up my job now for a care role. I was also looking into the SWAP access to nursing at my local college.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Stef

stewarty5678

Hi sorry to jump in here, for those above doing the theory for the driving, is it just the multiple choice and hazard perception parts we have to do for that? Hoping to apply next time a post opens for my area (North East/Grampian), I have my provisional so going to try and get my theory done and out the way!

Last edited:

Tim123

Hi mate yeah just theory multiple choice and hazard perception, dont need the cpc (I think that's what its called)

Jodie Kane

Yeah the bar i found easier! More stability i think!
There was 6 questions canna mind what they were but one i do remember is why you applied? Stuff about communication etc etc the usual stuff
Hey Nicky,

I have my fitness test on Saturday and I am not managing to hold the 30kg for 3.5 mins either! Bar sounds ideal did you put the bar on your shoulders or do you need to hold it down?? I'm stressing out big time. Where about did you go for your fitness test to? I wonder if they are all the same? x

Jodie Kane

Hi Nicky, fitness test was fine, not as bad as it seems. 1st off you're asked to repeat back 3 sentences, there are key words within them that they want to hear back. It was really easy to be honest, then you do 2 mins on step with 2 x 5kg weights to a metronome, this is more a warm up then 2 mins chest compressions, then a manual dexterity test which was to connect a bag and mask to oxygen bottle then change the mask and switch oxygen on, they show you 1st then talk you through it step by step. Then the biggy, 3 mins on step with 2 x 15kg weights to a metronome. For this just train and build up to the weight. I held the weights up at my shoulders with my arms bent, locked in and you then dont have any problems with you're grip. You can wear gloves or bring talc too. If you train for it you'll be able to do it. Then after that its 2 sentences to repeat back and then that's you. We did a similar test for ACA job too.
Just let me know if I can help you any further.
Hey, this has made me feel slightly more at ease knowing there is a bar option. Is there the dumbbells to or is it one or the other? I'm praying my test on Saturday has a bar as I don't find the weight heavy but I'm struggling with the gripping! x