Trainee tech SAS applications 2019

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by Tim123, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Lottie55

Lottie55 New Member

When are you due back? Unfortunately it is such a slow progress , hopefully hear this week after them emailing the unsuccessful candidates from shortlisting fingers crossed anyway I’m constantly checking my emails

2. Amb

Amb New Member

Not until the second week of August, so still 3 months. I am the same, constantly checking my emails. Although I would like to keep practicing for the fitness test if I’m lucky enough to get there.

3. Nicky123

Nicky123 New Member

Anyone hear anything?

Finally today passed my theory! So thats one thing ticked off!

Jenster75 likes this.
  4. Amb

Amb New Member

Well done for passing, you are one step closer.

Not heard anything yet. I don’t want to get too hopeful after hearing some Dumfries unsuccessful emails were sent out. But it’s a nervy wait.

5. Nicky123

Nicky123 New Member

I would be the same! Hopefully you will find out one way or another!!
    I would email just to check! Wish they send it all at the same time.

6. M1989

M1989 New Member

Hi everyone!
    My partner has an interview for this role next week.
    I am wondering if someone can assist with what the memory test involves? I have seen an old example from 2013 and have tried it a few times with him but he is struggling to remember all the numbers.
    If someone can assist, please do let me know or send me a private message.
    Thank you in advance and good luck to the other applicants!

7. Nicky123

Nicky123 New Member

Hey that’s fantastic news! I believe its going to involve “unconscious male, aged 36 stopped breathing etc etc” things along those lines...could be wrong!
    Can i ask what your using? Thanks

Good luck to him also

8. M1989

M1989 New Member

Sure, it’s a thread from this forum, I can’t link to it but it’s called “Scottish ambulance service fitness test” and it’s from 2013.

Thank you!

9. Jenster75

Jenster75 New Member

Hey Nicky, totally chuffed, there were 5 questions. Think I've blanked it out, cant remember them all them all. One was tell us a time when you were stressed in a work situation and what did you do etc, tell us a time when a work colleague crossed the line or broke the rules and what did you do, tell us how you're role as a ambulance technician can play a part in the SAS 2020 vision, tell us a time when you used care and compassion to help in a situation with a patient/customer.
    Not all interviews are the same they have a list of about 30 questions and just chose 5.
    Definately swat up on 2020 vision for SAS, should be online and be very aware of equality and diversity. Let me know how you get on. Everything crossed

M1989 likes this.
  10. Jenster75

Jenster75 New Member

Hey there, memory test was totally fine. Nothing to worry about at all, easiest bit I would say, you get asked to repeat it back pretty much straight away they dont distract you or speak in between you repeating back. No big numbers to remember just a sentence, I was concentrating on the words that much that I cant remember them but similar to say ' theres been an accident, 3 people in car, 1 unconscious. Etc.
    Practice the 30kg weight and think of lots of work situations and examples for interview and seat up on SAS 2020 vision.
    Loads of luck

M1989 likes this.
  11. M1989

M1989 New Member

Thank you both for your help!

12. Michelle Cator

Michelle Cator New Member

Hi all!
    Just thought I'd join this forum as i have an interview on the 28th in Aberdeen! To say I'm bricking it is an understatement!
    I've been practicing weights and going over the competencies religiously.
    Good luck to everyone!

13. Nicky123

Nicky123 New Member

Tell me about it! Im Friday for Aberdeen! I haven’t done much in prep for the fitness but hopefully the next few days I’ll practice!

Good luck to you also