1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St George's MBBS 4 Year Entrants 2011

Discussion in 'St George's, University of London' started by gepwannabe11, Oct 14, 2010.

1. gepwannabe11

gepwannabe11 New Member

I received my acknowledgement e-mail today and I was told my application wouldn't be taken any further because I didn't sit GAMSAT?

Jokes!

I'd love to meet someone that applied and didn't sit it. Fail.

But yeah, it's just an acknowledgement, i'm way too excited!

2. nabbe

nabbe New Member

Got my acknowledgement too :) Same woman as last year, very similar email too. But it's really nice they sent such a thorough email explaining what to do e.g. if you have Int.degree etc etc.

3. nabbe

nabbe New Member

Btw, love the title of this thread. Here's hoping!

4. gepwannabe11

gepwannabe11 New Member

I second that to here's hoping! Never know, we might be studying together next year! Oh the goosebumps... November can't come quick enough!

5. nabbe

nabbe New Member

Imagine that! :)
    (2 of our choices match soooo you never know)

6. MEDEVAC

MEDEVAC New Member

Pressed send this morning...

Fingers crossed guys and girls!

7. omlette

omlette New Member

Acknowledgement email? When did you guys send your applications then? I only sent mine off yesterday and have heard nothing from anyone (which isn't surprising at this stage).

8. nabbe

nabbe New Member

Sent application on 10th and got my email yesterday. So took 2-3 days, guess Sunday doesn't count.

9. gep2010

gep2010 New Member

*joins thread* :D

10. gbsilp

gbsilp New Member

Count me in...

11. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

The waiting starts. I've already got that knot in my chest...

@Geppwannabe - I can't believe how many people do apply to the MBBS4 programme without sitting GAMSAT.

Who was the acknowledgement from? Micki Regan?

I was impressed by the level of contact I got from SGUL last year. "Mrs Regan" seemed such a fearsome/iconic character by reputation, but when I met her at the interviews she was nothing like I imagined her.

I had a mental image of some big, dark haired, butch, scary, scowling matron. But when she walked into the room, she was this young, pretty, smiley, friendly, blonde lady. Basically the complete opposite of the mental image that had built up.

12. nabbe

nabbe New Member

Yup acknowledgement was again from Mrs. Regan!

13. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

In the acknowledgement email it states how if you are using a prior year GAMSAT sitting you need to go onto the ACER website to tell them to forward your prior year result to SGUL.

Has anyone found where you do this on the ACER site? I don't know if I'm just being exceptionally dippy, but I can't find it anywhere. I have emailed ACER but have yet to hear back.

Is here anyone else here relying on last years result who has found where we do this?

14. becky180

becky180 New Member

SGUL is my first choice, anyone else?

I haven't had my acknowledgement email yet, I applied on Friday evening (cutting it fine i know!) but I called today and they said that emails are not automatically sent, they are only sent out after someone in admissions has checked your application.

I am right in thinking that they don't take your UCAS form into consideration they just read your statement and reference after they decide they want to offer you a place right? just to check? I'm kinda worried about my statement (hate those things) but i'm sure thats what they told us at the open day!

15. hodiurnal

hodiurnal New Member

Good good!

16. j-c

j-c New Member

seems to be conflicting with what the gamsat uk site says.
    "You must send your score to UCAS by 24 October 2010. Please include the test date and your GAMSAT ID number; UCAS will verify your scores with ACER."
    GAMSAT UK

17. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

J-C your a life saver!!!

The deadline is in 3 days...

18. nabbe

nabbe New Member

I also came across these instructions but don't understand how we're supposed to send the score to UCAS? Call them and tell them our scores? Couldn't find a ucas email to use... Will call them later today but if anyone knows already would appreciate it, thanks! :)

19. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

I copied Mrs Regan in to my my e-mail to UCAS, which had my last years results slip attached as a PDF. She respond within a minute so I can sigh a breath of relief, that at least she has my scores now and knows that I poked UCAS before the deadline (even if they take a while to verify).

SGUL has my results from last year anyway, so its should be OK now.

I can't believe the nerves I have over my application this year. I'm terrified of not getting in again.

20. nabbe

nabbe New Member

Ok, thanks Martigan! :) Did you get the specific email address from ucas website?
    Nice of her to respond so quickly! They should have my last year's scores also (I'm hoping to improve this year so if that happens need to ensure they take the highest out of two)

Nerves are ok :) I've been so busy after applying this year that I haven't had the time to have nerves. Next month then :D

Hope we make it through to med school this year!