So who's applying for Edinburgh 2010???

Discussion in 'Edinburgh Medical School' started by buchaneyes, Oct 12, 2009.

1. buchaneyes

buchaneyes New Member

Hi,

There is a similar thread in the Oxford forum, so I thought I'd start one here as well. I'm sure I'm not the only person applying!!

Good Luck to everyone else who is (maybe see some of you there)

2. Crims

Crims Guest

Me too and it's my first choicetoo... :)
    I really hope I get an offer^^

3. bensilber2000

bensilber2000 New Member

I am :D. My top choice aswell. Also serious respect to you OP on UKCAT scores. 880 on QR...I am not worthy :p

4. buchaneyes

buchaneyes New Member

really... i was shocked as i thought QR was my weakest section
    how did your UKCAT go?

and has anyone else been on the euclid thing yet? mine seems kind of empty looking...

5. doctors-do-it-better

Hey Everyone

I am applying to Edinburgh too, as a graduate though. Edinburgh is one of my TWO top choices so I hope it goes well. Good luck with your app's!

Oh buchaneyes, Euclid is supposed to be empty just now. Edin will add messages to it regarding your app. I don't know what will go on yours but things like if I have an interview will head onto mine...hopefully. So besides a welcome message it is supposed to be empty just now :D

Hope that helps

6. lexipower

lexipower New Member

i'm applying to edinburgh :D
    im not good enough but i thought its worth a try anyway - good luck everyone

7. sara7000

sara7000 New Member

buchan eyes im honestly really jealous of u lol

Reasons:
    1. you have applied to two of the same unis as me and they both are my TOP choices.
    2. Your ukcat score is damn higher than mine lolzzzz
    jk

gud luck guys edinburgh is def a place i wud like to study med at
    and lexi power dnt say that i knw i say it all the time (better nervous than over confident at this stage) but u have a chance as much as us and with all those A*s u def have a chance :) and ur ukcat is gud too even mine isnt gr8, only 655 :(

8. LetoKynes

LetoKynes New Member

I'm applying to Edinburgh too :) (as an International applicant)

Is there a general date Edinburgh starts giving out their offers from the previous years?

9. buchaneyes

buchaneyes New Member

I don't know, but I think I read March on their website - the prospect of waiting that long without hearing anything is VERY daunting

Sara7000 - as far as choices go, great minds think alike?? I'm sure you'll beat me on the BMAT - I'm rubbish at sections 2 and 3

10. bensilber2000

bensilber2000 New Member

lol...you only dropped 20 points and you thought it was your weakest section? or do you mean before you got your results? i did alright on my UKCAT, not as well as last year (im a gapyearperson, i applied for deferred entry last year nd didnt get the offers i want so here i am again xD). 707 average this year, 750 VR, 800 QR, 570 AR, 710 DA. and yeah...last year my euclid stayed empty from october until march when it sent me a rejection letter, so it's not my favourite thing haha.

and LetoKynes...basically they send out offers to the people that they cant live without november-ish, and the rest of them (well...let's face it, the rest of us lol) have to wait until around march. they do, however, send rejections out continuously...

also...everyone is much friendlier on here than on TSR :D

11. buchaneyes

buchaneyes New Member

i meant before my results...

so i could be rejected anytime soon, (v unlikely) offered soon, or left in limbo until march
    if they are handing out offers in november they have obviously looked through the applications - so why wait until march to decide for everyone else??

12. bensilber2000

bensilber2000 New Member

basically, they read through all 2000, say, briefly and the 25/30/however many that they say "shit, we have to have this one" get offers, the ones that clearly dont have the minimum requirements get rejections. then everyone else, say 1700, goes into the big long main decision process, and they gradually whittle down, sending out rejections all the while, until they're left with the final 300.

personally i think it's a stupid system, and i've no idea why they dont interview...its so frustrating to think that that UCAS form is the one and only chance you get to prove yourself.

rant over lol... :D

13. buchaneyes

buchaneyes New Member

well, i suppose it is one less thing for me to mess up
    i think i might actually come across better on paper than in person...
    i am however a bit of a paranoid control freak ( yes, i admit it), so i will be nervous until i get a decision
    bensilber2000, are you applying this year?

14. Crims

Crims Guest

We only get an answer in March?!? *faints*
    I seriously think the waiting time will kill me!
    Well good luck, I hope everyone gets at least an offer even if it isn't their first choice!!

15. bensilber2000

bensilber2000 New Member

lol buchaneyes you're going to be a medic...you have to be a lil bit of a control freak. yeah i am...app went in about 2 weeks ago. be sure to let me know if you hear anything :D

16. buchaneyes

buchaneyes New Member

i will, i'm just glad they have my fee status as home (provsionally)

17. sara7000

sara7000 New Member

lol i am even rubbish at SECtion 1

congrats ur a home student , i have been classified as overseas :( although i live in glasgow

18. space_fra

space_fra New Member

I've applied to Edinburgh too. I'm from EU. what do you mean by "edinburgh: aknowledged"? I apologize

19. LetoKynes

LetoKynes New Member

It just means that Edinburgh has noted your application and sent you an e-mail, that's all :p

20. LauraS

LauraS New Member

Im another Edinburgh applicant :) and I have to say the thought of waiting until March to hear anything is petrifying!! I agree that they should interview but hey, it's their decision not to...

And the other thing really frightening me (apart from not understanding the accent) is how amazing all of your qualifications are - I'm thinking a rejection may appear on track for me :'(

Anyway, good luck to all of you even though I'm sure you dont need it!!

#20 LauraS, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009