1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skeleton Anyone???

Discussion in 'Cardiff Medical School' started by poogie, Sep 15, 2005.

1. poogie

poogie New Member

Hi, I'm a 5th year in Cardiff. Hey to all you newbies out there!!!!

I can remember starting med school and was soooooooo excited. I'm happy to answer anyone's questions coz there's so much to take in. However, most of all it's fun!!!! I brought a skeleton (well half skeleton - whole skull and vertebrae and then one side of both limbs and pelvis) to use to revise anatomy. It was really useful for me as a few of us got together and set him up and used different coloured wool to represent the arteries veins and nerves we had to learn. It was also really useful in the second year when learning the skull because there are loads of little foramens in it which you also have to learn!

It's a real half skeleton brought in my 1st year from the book and bone sale which you've probably heard about. I think I brought it off a 5th yr actually. I think the time has come for me to pass him on. I paid £190 for it in 2001 so make me an offer!! Will come and meet anyone who wants to buy it in Cardiff, no probs!

xxx

2. sparky21

sparky21 Welsh Moderator

There is also a book and bone sale which you can buy such items from.

I must say though - dont feel you must buy a skeleton! It really is not essential - a copy of McMinns will be adequate along with a quick glance at bones in the DR. I managed to cope without these items through an anatomy degree and this degree.

x

3. pilly84

pilly84 New Member

McMinn's and the anatomy DVDs are fine and I think they are a very good investment. I didn't get a skeleton. I don't think many in my year did. Don't really think its needed.

4. Gray

Gray New Member

Seeing as it isn't needed, but sounds like a fun thing to have I'm willing to offer £20. I don't seriously expect you to take the offer, but there it is. Bargain for me if you want to accept ;)

5. emr31

emr31 New Member

Hi!

Do you still have your skeleton for sale?!! Am down in London but would be very interested in buying it if it's a real one for my surgical exams.

x

6. poogie

poogie New Member

Indeed I do yes! It is a real one. It's a full skull, with a hook on each side so can see all the forama inside. It's one full arm and leg limb, the whole spine and one half of the pelvis, one scapula the breastbone, one set of ribs. Think that's just about it!!!

7. emr31

emr31 New Member

Excellent.
    How much were you looking to sell it for?
    Email me directly (erowland999@yahoo.co.uk) and we can hopefully sort something out. :)

8. mementomori

mementomori New Member

Hi, did you ever sell your skeleton? its been a long time but worth asking :)

9. Keith44

Keith44 New Member

Bone Skeleton

I have a nice boxed real half skeleton with a good skull, which has an interesting patent metopic suture and most of it's teeth, for sale at the right price.
    Any offers?

10. Charlie193

Charlie193 New Member

Hi I was wondering if you still had the half skeleton and what sort of price you were looking for.