1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling UKCAT books + other resources

Discussion in 'UKCAT' started by Sophiemed, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Sophiemed

Sophiemed New Member

Selling these books that helped me get into University College London, King’s College London, and University of Birmingham medical school. Greatly recommend them all – before buying these I had done a lot of research on which books were the best resources. Except for the ‘general application help’ books, all have no markings and are in close to new state. Selling the books at less than half the price I bought them for. Message me for more details.

UKCAT Preparation:
    -UKCAT Understanding Test Day by KAPLAN + 5 Practice Exams (2012 edition. This book and tests are only received by doing the Kaplan UKCAT course, but are incredibly useful. The course costs 330 pounds but basically just goes through this book. Save a lot of money by just buying this.) - 55 pounds
    -Get into Medical School: 600 UKCAT Practice Questions: Includes Full Mock Exam, Comprehensive Tips, Techniques and Explanations – Picard, L. Tighlit, S. Tighlit, and Phillips -8 pounds
    -Score Higher on the UKCAT: The Expert Guide from Kaplan, with Over 800 Questions and a Mock Online Test – Brian Holmes, Marianna Parker, and Katie Hunt- 12 pounds

BMAT Preparation:
    -BMAT Strategy Book by KAPLAN + 5 Practice Exams + 5 Practice Tests (2013 edition. As with the UKCAT Kaplan guide and tests, this book and tests are only received by doing the Kaplan course but were my most useful BMAT resource. The course costs 290 pounds but also basically just goes through this book. Save a lot of money by just buying this.) - 55 pounds
    -Preparing for the BMAT: The Official Guide to the BioMedical Admissions Test - 8 pounds
    -Get Into Medical School: 400 BMAT Practice Questions: With Contributions from Official BMAT Examiners and Past BMAT Candidates – Lydia Campbell and Olivier Picard – 8 pounds

Reading books (very good possible reading material to mention on personal statement):
    -The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat – Oliver Sacks – 5 pounds
    - Biomedicine and the Human Condition: Challenges, Risks, and Rewards – Michael G. Sargent – 15 pounds

General application help:
    -Get into Medical School - Write the Perfect Personal Statement: Effective Techniques & Over 100 Examples of Real Successful Personal Statements – Olivier Picard and Dominique Pizzingrilli (Few pages highlighted) – 7 pounds
    -Medical School Interviews: A Practical Guide to Help You Get That Place at Medical School. Over 150 Questions Analysed – Olivier Picard and George Lee (Many pages highlighted) – 7 pounds

2. Tanishqa_24

Tanishqa_24 New Member

Which edition of the Get into Medical School are you selling ? Is it the 2014 version?

3. Princewill

Princewill Member

Hi

how much are you willing to sell ALL the books and materials listed above

4. phd_24

phd_24 New Member

Hey,

I know it is quite late to be approaching you but I am looking for a UKCAT and BMAT tutor. I have heard about a bunch of agencies out there but not sure which to choose. Would you recommend any or would you be able to offer guidance or be able to give tutorials to me? I am currently doing mock exams for AS-Level

HEEEELLLLPPPP!