1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scope of dermatology private practice

Discussion in 'Dermatology' started by delspirido, Dec 20, 2011.

1. delspirido

delspirido New Member

Hi all,

I am currently a medical student in the UK. I am rather interested in doing dermatology as a specialty down the line, however after some considerable searching I can't really find online information about how much private practice occurs, and how much scope there is for cosmetics and beauty therapy . Any ideas? I read that some people practice completely privately and earn big buck doing so, but I suppose this really depends on location and business model...

Any info giving a heads up on how physicians go about this aspect of their work would be more than appreciated.

Cheers

2. James

James New Member

I would only do Dermatology if you truly enjoy the speciality. It is also incredibly competitive to get into. If you wish to do private work in addition to NHS work you can do, but it will never make you mega-money. As far as I know there are only a couple of full time private only dermatologists in the UK.

3. mikedonato

mikedonato New Member

Dear Despirito! First you need to become a professional in Dermatology area, to work for ten years of experience, then think about the private practice and big money.