1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAS VQ3/4 ask me anything!

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by GregW88, Jul 3, 2016.

1. ballibeg

ballibeg Member

Chap on our course lost his job.

2. MadeofSteel

MadeofSteel Member

Yeah I thought that would be the most likely outcome. Going to try and have a back up plan just in case.

3. Anannya

Anannya New Member

Hello.. I am appearing for Plab in june and need an affordable place to stay.. any suggestions??

4. Mark 3

Mark 3 New Member

Hi m8 just getting ready to finish VQ3 and going onto VQ4 in 5 weeks, can you tell me a wee bit about what to expect with VQ4, Thanks

5. Kara Kirk

Kara Kirk New Member

Hi there

I have just applied for a care assistant role with the ambulance service. I am hoping to eventually progress to the technician side one day. It says about retention and recall test and fitness test should i be short listed is this the same test to be a trainee technician? The closing date was friday 24 march not heard anything yet but keeping my fingers crossed.

6. Mark 3

Mark 3 New Member

They are probably the same tests as technician fitness but not sure, I will try and find out for you Kara as some of my friends are care assistants

7. MACALEE

MACALEE Member

Hi Kara... as far as I'm aware the ACA memory recall is a written piece. Whereas for technician, we do a verbal recall test.

I'm sure for ACA they send you something out in the post before your test. Best of luck.

Maca

8. Kara Kirk

Kara Kirk New Member

Hi

I got a email saying I've been selected for the assessment day. Theres the fitness test a arithmetic test a retention and recall test and a dexterity and defibrillator test. Im really excited and nervous i really hope to progress to become technician one day.

9. Kara Kirk

Kara Kirk New Member

Hi guys

Part of my assessment is an arithmetic test are there any apps or websites that i could practise? My kids just gave me a maths test and lets just say maths is not my strong point. Sorry to keep being a pest im just really hoping to do good.

10. MACALEE

MACALEE Member

The arithmetic part is new to me, never heard of that being used before. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on that for you!

11. lstewartx

lstewartx New Member

Hi,

I've been invited for interview at the end of May (feel like I've been waiting forever for the email!) - been through the interview process before but was unsuccessful so I need to up my game this time round, but I am wondering is the 30kg weight exercise actually still a thing in the fitness test?
    Last time I went for my test, they didn't give me the 30kg weight one so was thinking did they deliberately leave it out as it doesn't happen now or if it was for my benefit... any advice/tips be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

12. Karenls82

Karenls82 Member

Hi, yeah you still have to do the 30kg or at least I did when had fitness in November!!
    I bought the dumbells and did it every day at home til I could do it but I still found it difficult!
    Oh and wear gloves with padding and grip they help too lol

13. lstewartx

lstewartx New Member

Owell not sure what went on there last time then lol. Thanks for that I'll need to practise with weights as not done much before :eek: at least I kinda know what to expect this time round minus the 30kg.

14. Gem4

Gem4 New Member

Hi, I'm end of May too! Never thought the day would come - exciting!

15. MACALEE

MACALEE Member

Yeah, mines in Jan included the 2x 15kg.

In all honestly it was the memory recall that I thought I messed up, honestly felt as though I couldn't remember anything.

Which area are you applying for and when did you submit your application?

16. MACALEE

MACALEE Member

Which area have you applied for?

17. lstewartx

lstewartx New Member

It's such a long process but it's ace when the email pops up! Wherr have you applied for?

18. lstewartx

lstewartx New Member

I was the same last time thought I'd messed up on that part but after the first one I think it went okay.

I've applied for North East, applied in October and just got the email last week!

19. Gem4

Gem4 New Member

I've applied for North East, applied end of September and just received an email last week.

Notice you had your assessment in January - how did you get on?

20. Gem4

Gem4 New Member

Yeah couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the email haha! I'm North East too :)