Royal Free A&E

Discussion in 'Royal Free and University College Medical School' started by medic84, Jun 24, 2010.

1. medic84

medic84 New Member

Hi,

Was hoping someone could tell me a bit about the Royal Free A&E department. Im going there for an elective and was wondering what I´ll be expected to do, how the doctors are etc. Will they just let me shadow a doctor or what?
    If anyone could tell me anything about it, it would be much appreciated.
    Don´t have any experience with hospitals in UK thats why I´m wondering. I´m a student going into my final year btw.

One last thing...I´ve understood that the dresscode is smart. But ladies, what kind of shoes do you wear???

2. jtlc2345

jtlc2345 New Member

I didn't do my A+E block at the Free but know people who did and as far as I remember they had a good time. Doctors are nice and I think the lead Consultant for teaching won one of the UCL teaching awards this year. As for what you'll do - it'll be a mix of shadowing doctors and seeing patients by yourself before presenting to someone senior to practical procedures. Shoes - I'm not qualified to answer this but most wear flats of some description.

Jonathan