Reserve List 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'Swansea Medical School' started by Dr Shadow, May 13, 2010.

1. Dr Shadow

Dr Shadow New Member

Hey Guys, thought I'd start this off. It's a small life line, but people have been known to get offers who have been on the reserve list before. So anyone else in the same boat?

2. katiesmith

katiesmith New Member

Yes - me! Good idea to start a thread! My heart misses a beat whenever I hear the postman!

3. BEULA24

BEULA24 New Member

Hey. I'm on it too. Fingers crossed for everyone!!

4. Dr Shadow

Dr Shadow New Member

^Indeed. I wonder when will know by? If last years thread was anything to go by people started knowing from the beginning of May, but obviously its a bit different this year.

5. gos123

gos123 New Member

I'm on it too. I did phone them to ask out of curiousity how many people were on it. They responded along the lines of: I am sorry, but I cannot discuss the reserve list at this time as it is strictly confidential. Looks like waiting and masters applications are in order.

6. hammad_nv

hammad_nv New Member

yeh i cald up about it too - they said sumfin similar. I was lookin at last years reserve list forum and it seemed like most ppl on it got an offer - so hopefully we still got a chance :)

7. DrVix

DrVix New Member

I'm on the list too...I hope its not a massive list!

Fingers crossed!!

8. hammad_nv

hammad_nv New Member

vix you got that letter from southampton too right?

9. DrVix

DrVix New Member

Yep but from what I gather soton dont really have a list as such but if people phone up on a-level results day there may be places if people who got offers didnt meet the conditions. I also think that its more likely to be a place for the 5year course too as thats what happened to someone I know.

I wish degree results would hurry up as I think thats when we're likely to hear!

10. BEULA24

BEULA24 New Member

Hey. I have a dilemma, I have a place on another course and the deadline is coming up for me making a decision. I'm really confused as to what to do!! If i accept the place does it affect my place on the waiting list, argh the pain!!!

11. Dr Shadow

Dr Shadow New Member

^If its Via UCAS I think Swansea have a way in which they contact UCAS directly in case something like that happens (i.e. you get an offer). That and the waiting list is a long shot, but you never know.

12. Airtones

Airtones New Member

Can't believe people are still waiting to find out whether they have a place. How many people are on the waiting list?

13. katiesmith

katiesmith New Member

Not sure - they are being very cagey about telling us anything! Very frustrating! I guess it could be any point up until the course actually starts to know for sure?

14. omlette

omlette New Member

Just found out this weekend that I'm on the reserves too! For some reason they delivered the letter to my London address, so even though it was dated april 29th I only just got it. (Odd as my interview invite was sent to my Cardiff one but anyhoo...).

For nearly 2 months I've been thinking that it was all over (got my "unsuccessful" on ucas early april) and now I have a second chance, yay!

Fingers Xed.

15. Dr Shadow

Dr Shadow New Member

I guess we should may'be here something after degree results are released? Hasn't the deadline for confirming the offer on UCAS passed?

16. omlette

omlette New Member

Someone mentioned a few posts back about it being June 7th for some people. Personally I didn't even know there was one, just sticking to the "sit and wait" option. But yes, degree result time is probably the best bet. End of June/beginning of July ish. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be hoping for people to fail their degrees... =]

17. omlette

omlette New Member

I know this is jumping the gun a bit, but anyone know when term actually starts?

18. Dr Shadow

Dr Shadow New Member

^ Its either the 1st or 31st of September. I forget which lol.

19. omlette

omlette New Member

According to my ucas track it says starts 27th Sept (didn't think to look at that last night lol). Hopefully this is the case, cos I'm planning a trip to Amsterdam for the 22nd Sept.

20. music-->medicine

music-->medicine New Member

term begins 31st August, so if you haven't yet booked, I'd advise against sorting out a holiday in September!