1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended iPad storage size for Med Students - 32GB or 64GB?

Discussion in 'Current Medical Students' started by AquaFlower, Feb 22, 2017.

?

Which iPad storage size best suits a medical student's needs?

1. 32GB

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 64GB

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. AquaFlower

AquaFlower New Member

Hi,

I'm about to invest in an iPad Air 2 as a study tool but I'm not sure what size best suits the needs of the average med student... I'm either going to go with 32GB or 64GB, but if I can help it I'd rather save my cash if the 32GB would be enough!

I'm planning to use it mainly for storing PDFs (journal articles, textbooks etc) needed for study, browsing the internet and emails. But I'd also like to store a few apps (iplayer radio, skype..) as well as a handful of music albums. These things aren't essential though. I'd like it to last me through my GAMSAT exam preparation for the Sep 2017 sitting and my Medical degree (providing I get in!) which I'm hoping to start in 2018.

What have your experiences been? Has 32GB suited your needs or would you recommend going with the 64GB? How many resources in GB do you tend to accumulate and need access to for your studies?

I'd be really grateful for any input - I always overthink decisions like this!

2. David Johnson

David Johnson New Member

If you are planning to use cloud storage for research articles then I think 32 is sufficient IMHO.

3. AquaFlower

AquaFlower New Member

Thanks for the advice :) I was also wondering whether an iPad Air 2 or the iPad mini is the best way to go. I've seen a lot of articles and forum posts about how the mini is better for placements etc as it fits in your white coat pocket much better and is all round more portable. But I've also seen a lot about how there can be issues with pdf size on the mini and having to zoom in a lot to read properly. Since I'm planning on keeping a lot of reading material and textbooks on the device I'm wondering whether I'd make a big mistake buying the smaller size? Any advice you could offer would be really helpful!