Rcsi gep 2010-2014

astronaut

any ideas how long it takes AIB to get this loan approved? They have all the info they need from me. But I can't leave my job until I know it's sorted. A month's notice ain't gonna happen now...

johnbastille

JB, I was in Dublin this week and dropped by Admissions to hand in pink sheet, photos and agreement. I was told that we are due at RCSI, St Stephen's Green at 9:30am on Mon Sept 13th.

Lectures start on Tues. The schedule for Mon 13th and lecture timetable are to be posted out.
I have to say that CAO did an excellent job of their site and email. Why can't RCSI use email?

Parsley

that would have been funny, turning up in sandyford. live and learn.

caly

I have to say that CAO did an excellent job of their site and email. Why can't RCSI use email?

Parsley
Yes, I must say CAO has been great. Email, post, SMS notifications, easy to phone and very prompt. plus the website is clear and effective.

Haven't heard from RCSI since them sending out the registration forms.. or from AIB for that matter.. :confused:

bananabuster

Sup forum

Fellow future GEPer here and thought I'd make myself known. At 22 years I'm guessing I'll be one of the younguns.

Anyone any idea of the average age in the GEP btw?

Parsley

Sup forum

Fellow future GEPer here and thought I'd make myself known. At 22 years I'm guessing I'll be one of the younguns.

Anyone any idea of the average age in the GEP btw?
No idea. I'm not sure age matters too much when you're on your 8th pint of subsidized Guinni and 4th Jamie shot (before lunch).

caly

WTF / STFU / OMG
Has anyone else seen the timetable?
What do they think we are, machines?!
yes, scary. though i have no idea what all the abbreviations mean... :)
Btw, i wonder if there's any difference getting the coat + kit at college or in the shop?

etymon

think the college coat will have a crest on it, otherwise not sure. Coat & kit cost me 38 quid in Clarendon Medical.
It seems we are supposed to know a lot about muscles, anyway!

Parsley

Yes, I must say CAO has been great. Email, post, SMS notifications, easy to phone and very prompt. plus the website is clear and effective.

Haven't heard from RCSI since them sending out the registration forms.. or from AIB for that matter.. :confused:
Well I'll be damned. Email from Margaret at RCSI waiting in my inbox. Sure hope Clarendon has a supply of white coats and dissection kits as 60 (sorry 59!) of us will be descending on them on Sept 13th.

Last edited:

caly

Well I'll be damned. Email from Margaret at RCSI waiting in my inbox. Sure hope Clarendon has a supply of white coats and dissection kits as 60 (sorry 59!) of us will be descending on them on Sept 13th.
well, you'd think they'd be aware that around september alot of white coats are needed, what with all the schools starting.
now, crest or no crest? It's also a huge red one, if I remember those coats at open day correctly..

etymon

email! Titled 'welcome GEP class' or something. I am sure it's on its way to ye.
Attaches weekly timetable up to Christmas - notable highlights being an 'online quiz' on Friday 8am (hopefully they mean a table quiz with croissants and jam???) and 50 lectures in, basically, the bum and legs. Also Orientation Schedule for Monday 13th (which does hold some promise of croissants and jam.)
They also want 250-300 euro for jabs. This annoys me as I have everything, including Hep B jabs :(

Biologic

If you already have them I think you just do a blood test to make sure you're still protected. I got them all about 2 years ago but didn't bother with the 30 quid booster for 25 years of protection...kicking myself now.

CoreyTaylorIs

email! Titled 'welcome GEP class' or something. I am sure it's on its way to ye.
Attaches weekly timetable up to Christmas - notable highlights being an 'online quiz' on Friday 8am (hopefully they mean a table quiz with croissants and jam???) and 50 lectures in, basically, the bum and legs. Also Orientation Schedule for Monday 13th (which does hold some promise of croissants and jam.)
They also want 250-300 euro for jabs. This annoys me as I have everything, including Hep B jabs :(
50 lectures a week !!??!! f*** me!! no wednesday nights in coppers so lol!!

etymon

no, silly, 50 lectures in what's called 'NM' or presumably neuromuscular system, up to Christmas. I say Christmas which won't exist for us given exams in January :(

but I'm always on for Coppers WOO HOO STUDENT NIGHTS AGAIN!

CoreyTaylorIs

no, silly, 50 lectures in what's called 'NM' or presumably neuromuscular system, up to Christmas. I say Christmas which won't exist for us given exams in January :(

but I'm always on for Coppers WOO HOO STUDENT NIGHTS AGAIN!
ah lol, my mistake haha.

on that note how many hours lectures a week do ye actually have?

Biologic

25 give or take, plus whatever amount of anatomy labs. There's a few 12:30 finishes in there too so I wouldn't write off Coppers just yet.