1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about sending scores to unis

Discussion in 'GAMSAT' started by CZephyr, Dec 6, 2012.

1. CZephyr

CZephyr New Member

Hey everyone!

I am hoping to apply for entry in 2014. I sat the September GAMSAT (2012) and obtained a mediocre score of 65.

I really want to sit it again (September 2013) just to improve my chances.

Am I able to ask ACER to send my existing score along with my UCAS application in October of 2013 and send in my new score only if it's a whole lot better? How does this work exactly?

Thank you :)

2. musttryharder

musttryharder New Member

Hi CZepher,

I'm really not sure why you're beating yourself up over this - 65 is an amazing score and would guarantee you interviews at all of the GAMSAT unis (SGUL cutoff 56; Notts 59 or 64 for those with a 2:2). My score this year was 66 which puts me in the top 5% of those who took the test - unis interview the top 20% normally providing you are over the 50/55 cutoff.

65 is NOT mediocre - it's bloomin' amazing! Definitely in the top 10%; comfortably so. Why waste all that time and money when you're riding a great score? Once you're over the cutoff (which historically is always under 65, usually well under) then the rest rides on interview.

Sorry not to answer your original question - just can't understand why you'd be going for a resit when plenty on here would kill for a 65!!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

3. Tabris

Tabris New Member

You email UCAS with your GAMSAT number for a particular sitting and they get the info from ACER for the unis you're applying to, IIRC.

4. CZephyr

CZephyr New Member

Hey! :) Thanks for your reply. Congrats on your 66!! I thought my 65 was pretty good and I was fairly pleased until I realised two medical schools in my home country (Aus!!) require insanely high GAMSAT scores of 67 (University of Sydney) and around 75 (University of Queensland). I don't know if I'll end up applying to those two schools but if I do, I may have to resit and see how I fare the second time around.

5. musttryharder

musttryharder New Member

Whoa!! Those are insanely high scores!! Glad I'm not aiming for Australia in that case! Best of luck.

6. Marcus17

Marcus17 New Member

But if I'm not mistaken ALL medical school applicants in Australia have to sit gamsat unlike the UK where only a few unis require it, so obviously the competition is a lot higher in Australia.