Puzzled BY Decision Analysis Score?

hoonosewot88

I really dont think you should be getting your hopes up about them cutting out a section. Its HIGHLY unlikely that will happen. I know it happened last year but that only makes it more likely that it won't happen again as it would trash pearsons reputation.

katiec

well, dont you think that just shows unfairness, if they find a fault surely its only fair if its dropped, cause it means your scores are inaccurate, obviously only if theres a fault. i think its a trifle mean to make people feel bad about it when all theyre doing is asking the question

Baki

well, dont you think that just shows unfairness, if they find a fault surely its only fair if its dropped, cause it means your scores are inaccurate, obviously only if theres a fault. i think its a trifle mean to make people feel bad about it when all theyre doing is asking the question
This would be the perfect time to divert the blame at Pearson Vue. Lol.

hoonosewot88

If they found a fault then the section should certainly be dropped. Id be gutted but if i didnt earn the score i got then i shouldn't have it.
What im saying though is that i think the people on here are desperately looking for an excuse for a bad score and that they shouldn't be. As i said the chances of there being a fault in this test are absolutely tiny and to be getting hopes up about DA being dropped is silly really.
If you genuinely believe there was a fault in the test then complain to Pearson by all means. However if you just got a bad score in a section and want an escape clause i think complaining to Pearson to try and get that section dropped is incredibly selfish. After all a lot of people got good scores in that section and don't want it to be dropped.

xalicex

And I was joking about the hunting you down thing!
But really, keep pushing at Pearson to get them to help you out.

However one thing I would say is that I got my score from two months solid hard work on it. Of course, I am sure you would say that you worked hard on it too. But the fact you said it was your best mark last year, and this year it was your worst. Well, last year it was my best, and this year it was my best again. I don't think that is really a reason for a low mark, just because you did well last year.

Although, I do hope you get it sorted out, I would feel awful if something I worked hard for didn't turn out well.

love
x

katyk

Hey,

KatieC, Baki, did you hear anything more from UKCAT about your DA scores? DA was my worst score as well and on the practise test I got all but two correct in the time limit so I'm kind of surprised (and before anyone shouts I know it doesn't have to mean that anything was wrong with the test but I'd still be interested to know if anyone's heard anything).

George713

May I ask which practice questions you used?

The practice questions in the BMAT/UKCAT book are pathetically easy, which may have created the illusion that you'd do well in the test.
(I'm not saying you would do badly, I'm just saying that the jump of difficulty is surprising)

Baki

No reply yet either, even though they said they're investigating it.

That said, the only reason why I'm contesting it is because I got a ridiculous score of 400.

cmp21

Oh no, it would be super bad if DA got taken out...but I understand that it must be upsetting if you were doing well in it in practices. I found it harder than the ones I had done before, so perhaps you just unluckily got lots of hard questions from the bank?

katyk

hey,

I'm talking about the full-length test on the UKCAT site.

I never even bothered with the books because there were so many mistakes in them.

I wouldn't worry about them taking a section out. They can't because their credibility would be destroyed after last year. But what they might do is look at individual cases, and I reckon if they do do any correcting they'll try and keep it as quiet as possible.

AimsRJ

lol yeah bet you're hoping it isnt taken out George! 880 is crazy. I'm very sure it wont be.

My DA was my middling score- taking it out would reduce my score by 2.5 so not the end of the world but I'd rather it wasnt!
(I was surprised that it was middling though I thought that section went by far the best so I def think the scores are based on a reference score rather than raw scores.)