1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pros and cons of PBL?

Discussion in 'Barts and The London (QMUL) School of Medicine and' started by Omar-89, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Omar-89

Omar-89 New Member

pros and cons of PBL?
    ?

2. Spencer Wells

Spencer Wells Noodly Doctory Moderator

There are plenty of posts around this forum detailing the pros and cons of pbl, try doing a search for them before creating another post. And how about thinking about it yourself and telling us what you think the pros and cons are.

3. Omar-89

Omar-89 New Member

i dnt no any cons
    its gud cos its as gud as a lifelike situation u can have so wen it cums to da real ting itl b second nature for u.
    and dats bout it
    sori for not researchn tho
    :(

4. James1268

James1268 New Member

It's not in any way a lifelike situation to be honest with you.

I'd say the advantage is that if you get a nice group, the whole experience can be fairly fun/entertaining (which obviously beats the hell outta lectures)

But the disadvantage is that it doesn't always provide you with what you need to know for the exams - although thinking beyond exams I suppose it gives you a slightly wider picture for when you're an actual Doctor.

5. Gizmo says -

Gizmo says - New Member

aye, an exam doesnt elp a patient.
    thats a solid point Jambo.

although exams on extra science give you a slightly wider picture shuld you wish to be an hotshot in exams, an examiner, or a scientist for instance. not as a doctor.