Patho

mayad33

Hey there,

:?: Does any one know where else Homer-Wright rosettes are found other than in Medulloblastome and Neuroblastoma?

:?: And the same for vesicular nuclei other than in seminoma and papillary carcinoma of thyroid?

Trying to organise the stuff when studying - there's so much :(

Thanks a million
:D

M Clayton

Moderator type bloke
Apparently you get the Homer-Wright rosettes in retinoblastomas as well as the two other tumour types you mentioned.

Is this not a little bit detailed though? Forgive me if you have a specic reason to know this, but this seems to me to be fine print material...

mayad33

thank you

Unfortunately this is the kind of questions we get - describe gross and microscopic morphology. So as you can guess there's tons of morphologies to cram in :cry: I don't get the point we studying to become doctors not pathologists! :x

Got to get back to the books - patho on monday 8) thanks once again

Daedalus

Re: thank you

mayad33 said:

Unfortunately this is the kind of questions we get - describe gross and microscopic morphology. So as you can guess there's tons of morphologies to cram in :cry: I don't get the point we studying to become doctors not pathologists! :x
Erm...
Isn't pathology part of medicine?
You may not think it is a very important part, but presumably there is a reason why it is done?

mayad33

i get the importance of pathogenesis and clinical feaures as a result - but what's with the gross and microscopic (esp) morphology?