Oxbridge transfer help..?

Discussion in 'Royal Free and University College Medical School' started by Daffydill, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Daffydill

Daffydill New Member

I am currently studying at Cambridge, and considering a transfer to UCL, or staying at Cambridge. Genuinely how do Oxbrudge students fit in at transfer stage. Any pros and cons about the clinical course, and UCL generally, particularly in comparison to Addies.

Thanks.

2. poisonivy

poisonivy New Member

I'm posting on this so I can get any replies - I'm in the same position (only Oxford). Daffydill - have a look at this one? Oxbridge to London transfer

3. bryony

bryony New Member

I'm a transfer and we fit in fine! Genuinely, the medical school is so big that people you're on firms with don't all know each other from before, and clinics are a really good way to get to know people. If I'm completely honest, the most clique-y ness is probably between transfers rather than between the original UCL-ers!

One pro of UCL compared to Addies is that you don't get sent all over the place in first year clinics, and therefore get to enjoy the joys of London! (Although in 2nd year you can actually end up in some of the same hospitals as Cam!) The main con is the cost, it is so so so much more expensive than Cambridge, plus there is a lot less free money and wine around!

4. Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor New Member

<3 transfers :p