Offers/Rejections 2008

-smemma

still no reply yet! wtf?!
i'm expecting a rejection and it doesnt bother me that much but i just want to know! this is meant to be the deadline day!!!

Rachael/Raz

I totally agree!!! Talk about leaving it until the last minute!! Like you I'm expecting a rejection but I just want them to send it so I can accept my St.Andrews offer. I wish they would hurry up!

Rachael/Raz

It says on the ucas website that unis should aim to have given out decisions to all applications received by 15th January, by 31st March.

I reckon the key here could be in the "aim to"!!

AbdnGradPL

Yeah I accepted their offer already but the 'funding' notice is still there. Oh well.. I have a vision.. I see myself.. making a phonecall... on Wednesday :)

AbdnGradPL

Frazer - I'm sorry to say that, but it doesn't mean anything particular, I think the funding note is independent of the university's decision - The 'undetermined funding' was present on my portal since my first login (October?)

However, as elz pointed out, the interview staff said offers may be even sent in early April (although I agree that being forced to wait that long isn't very encouraging)

daryush

I've phoned them and the last day's tomorrow apparently (so says the voicemail message).

Grett, it looks like rejections for us then ¬_¬

ruridh17

maybe not. i mean there is always tomorrow afterall.

as i have siad aberdeen are pretty bad at holding teh offers back so dont be surprised if they let out a lot on the final day.

Gillian-x

Well thats me then... unsuccessful from Aberdeen! Not bothered to be honest... i was praying for just one offer, so to get three out of four is AMAZING!! Never have expected that in a million years! And Aberdeen was my last choice so not getting in these isn't a big deal at all for me:)
Im interested to know if anyone who has been unsuccessful has asked/recieved any feedback?
The reason i ask is because everyone iv spoken to since iv recieved my rejection has been like "but why?!! you got the other three, so why don't they want you, thats so random!!" etcc...
And i am acually quite curious to find out!

xxx

Last edited:

Gillian-x

i know..im so curious :) i definitely will! Should i email them of something? Or wait... because i know someone last year who was rejected and was given the option of requesting feedback on the letter which they sent her... so not sure if i should wait for this or not?
Infact why do i care so much.. email it is! hahaa

xx

Gillian-x

Ohh... thats horrible :(
At least you've got other offers yes?
Can i ask why it was your first choice... im interested :)

xx

daryush

I really liked the city and the range of placements they can offer you as well as the hospital, plus its the only offer my gf's got as well so :(

Is there any way to make them change their mind?

Edit: forget it, its not like it matters too much. My parents are evicting me before A levels if I put down anything other than sheffield so :(

Last edited:

Gillian-x

Oh i see... thats not very good then, im sorry to hear about that, at least you aren't sitting with 4 rejections though, that really would be bad!
I'd request feedback, i know someone who was originally rejected from Glasgow a couple of years ago, she requested feedback and a couple of months later they made her an offer :) there was also a girl at my dundee interview who had been rejected, requested feedback and was given an interview, not quite the same i know! And i know the chances are extremely low and very unlikely but its worth a try, nothing to lose eh?
Did you think your interview went okay at Aberdeen, becuase i felt quite positive about it...whereas after my dundee interview i cried all the way home becuase i felt like it had gone so badly... confusing!! I thought if i was going to get into either of them, it would be Aberdeen! Strange!

xx

daryush

I personally thought it went really well, like a 7 or 8 out of 10 kinda well so I have no idea really :(

Ok, so do you have to phone them or email or letter or what? I doubt I'll get in (and if they change their minds months from now wont I already have made my UCAS decision so nothing would happen anyway?)

Gillian-x

Yeah thats exactly how i felt about mine!
Oh thats true actually, i forgot about that. The girl i know had been rejected from everywhere so was in a different position. You will have made your UCAS decision unless they change their mind really quickly and the chances of this are low anyway so i dont suppose their is much point, silly me!
Its worth asking for feedback though anyway :) and i think you can phone or email yes! Or wait for a letter possibly?

xx