Offers/Rejections 2008

Ixistant

Not got anything for medicine so far, but I've been given an unconditional for Biomedical Sciences (Anatomy) with the option to go straight into second year if I get A's in my AH Chemistry and my AH Biology.
I may take that up actually if I don;t get into medicine. Thinking about it.

elz

so would u definitely get into 2nd year or is it a certain number can be transfered into second year??

wannadomedicine

If you get an offer for Biomedical Science from Aberdeen it generally means you've been rejected for Medicine, unless the A100 application line of your track is still active.....
Or unless you applied for both Medicine AND Biomedical Science??

Check it out yeah.
If you get your AH grades, or even narrowly miss them, they generally would let you into 2nd year of Biomedical Science.

Ixistant

Yeah, I applied to both.
Not heard anything back from medicine besides the initial letter of acknowledgement.

wannadomedicine

Thats cool
The biomedical science programme here is great - the Anatomy option you've been allocated is brand new, but you have up until the start of 3rd year to change this to any of the other options, Physiology, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology (my one), or Developmental Biology.
Theres no end of choice.
Also! Look into doing a placement at the end of 3rd year over the summer - thats what I did. It was very good indeedy.

natamac

I just got an offer from Aberdeen (AAB) and only had my interview yesterday! They said at the interview that most of the offers would be given out in March. Good luck everyone!

elz

ahhh well done, thats amazing! u must have been brilliant at interview to hear so soon! when was it put on track? or how did u find out?

natamac

It was put on track. I got an e-mail saying my track was updated and found out that way. It isn't on the portal yet but would prob be on tomorrow if they update over night. Has anyone else got an offer/rejection from Aberdeen?

elz

dont think many interviewed after xmas hav heard yet. i really wanna go there though! boo hoo

graemematt

I just got an offer from Aberdeen (AAB) and only had my interview yesterday! They said at the interview that most of the offers would be given out in March. Good luck everyone!
Wow, way to go! That's quite an achievement, and your firm too? Must be relieved now! Congrats :)

elz

u still not heard from anywhere graematt? after all ur ints?
aberdeen did say to us noone would hear till march, but i suspected if u were totally rubbish they might reject u straight off, or in natamacs case the other way. wish theyd put us out our misery though, its only been a week and its killing me!

graemematt

Haha, yeah, it's been nearly a month for me and I'm really quite anxious! Not heard from anywhere yet I'm afraid. You hearing from Leicester soon? I wish Aberdeen would just get in touch with me and give me an offer...that would be ideal :D

elz

yea ideal for me too, no dont hear from them both till march, didnt like leicester though and think it went badly. aberdeen 1st choice i think!

elz

st andrews is meant to be really good though tess, at least u hav one offer. hope u hear soon