1. Raveen789

Raveen789 New Member

Hello all I really need some advice. For a start I understand that medicine is medicine wherever you go, as long as you pass your exams ect you will be a doctor. But also some universities do appeal to individuals more then others. For me it's UCL, I have been 3 times so far (2 for open days and 1 for a conference) and i was determined to do well in my AS levels so I could apply here, however that did not go to plan.

Basically I got ABBCC in my AS levels which is barely enough for any medical school this year never mind UCL. However I was 1 mark of an A in 1 subject and 2 marks of a B in another. If my remarks work out then i might get AABB (c) when only considering 4 AS levels that looks much better. However UCL say that you must do exceptionally well in Chemistry and Biology, I don't classify a B in both to be that. So I could apply to medicine this year and see how it goes maybe not UCL if i get AAA or more I don't mind taking a gap year and applying to medicine (if i receive 4 rejections) in which case I would like to apply to UCL. But the problem is I will have to resit a couple of Biology/Chemistry modules to bring up my grade, and I know that UCL are not keen on resits, these resits would be AS modules not A2 so I don't know how they feel about that.

If my remarks go up should I apply to UCL with AABB anyway and hope i get lucky, but if not and i get 4 rejections should I apply with my grades in hand. But I have a feeling that they may hold a grudge against me. Also do they know which AS modules you have resat or do they just look at your final grade.

What do you guys think? obviously if I get an offer from somewhere else I would take it but if not id like to give UCL a shot. I really like Imperial too

EDIT: I do think that I can achieve A*AA this year, for me i feel that I over - revised at AS, I know this sounds weird but I over complicated things that were a lot simpler then I thought, that and a combination of nerves on the exam day. This year i did not slack I studied quite hard so I do feel a bit down :(

2. jturbett

jturbett New Member

Give the medical admissions office a call. They're really helpful and should be able to let you know if your current grades would stop you from applying to UCLMS.

Contact us