1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mrcs Or Wait!

Discussion in 'MRCS Revision' started by primiero, Feb 17, 2007.

1. primiero

primiero New Member

Dear Friends,
    I am in a dilemma about whether to give MRCS or not?
    I have some PRHO experience and now got F1 placement and wish to pursue a career in surgery. An Year or two ago i would have straight away attempted MRCS exam. But presently due to MMC, the MRCS is being phased out. I am confused as to which exam to study for. and when will the Royal colleges introduce a new exam in place of MRCS and what will be its syllabus and format!!

ANY comments in this regard will be much appreciated!
    thanx

2. saintgermain

saintgermain New Member

I am a med student so probably not the best person to advise but...

It seems sensible to pose your question to the Royal College of Surgeons. I cannot imagine people with the current MRCS will be disadvantaged simply because a new system materialises. Waiting to see what the government comes up with is much more likely to damage career prospects...

3. hbpepper

hbpepper New Member

I would take it as it still counts towards further applications and is not going to do you any harm. Well except for all that annoying revision

4. gimperial99

gimperial99 New Member

Where did you get it is being phased out from?

I would take it. They will ask you about it at your MTAS interviews and it is now such a joke it is not too hard to pass. I would certainly take part A before the interview.

5. Clarkey

Clarkey I have girl bits ok? :)

This original question was posed nearly three years ago. I'm guessing they figured something out in the end. ;-)

6. SukhdevParhar

SukhdevParhar New Member

Lol, I'm assuming what primiero was referring to in 2007 was the replacement of the old Part 1,2 and 3 with the current Part A and B OSCE system.