1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medical Students - Pandemic Flu

Discussion in 'Current Medical Students' started by TimC-B, Aug 19, 2009.

1. TimC-B

TimC-B New Member

MEDICAL STUDENTS - PANDEMIC FLU

Dear all,

Details on my blog on the role and responsibilities of medical students during severe pandemic flu. This is especially important for final years:

MSC Chair's Blog 08-09

Tim

2. smile88egc

smile88egc New Member

However wrong it may sound, I'm quite excited at the thought of being roped in to help in a 'healthcare emergency'!!

3. hailz101

hailz101 New Member

What happens if you a med student and you have swine flu? Is there an amount of time before you can start back in the hospitals??
    Just wondering cause alot of people i know have had/have got swine flu.

4. Peru09

Peru09 New Member

Hi,

I don't know if guidelines have changed, but I work on a respiratory ward where the swine flu cases have been treated. We have been told if we have a temperature of 38C or over/symptomatic of swine 'flu then not to come in for at least a week, or when you are no longer exhibiting any signs of 'flu... mind you, it looks to be so nasty that I'm not sure you would be able to drag yourself back until you were fully recovered anyway.
    Hope that helps!

5. TimC-B

TimC-B New Member

Yes Peru is right, however it's best to check with your school for local guidance. If you think you have Swine Flu and are symtpmatic you need to stay at home, and not return until you have no more symptoms.

Tim