1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low ukcat score

Discussion in 'UKCAT' started by Thatblackchic, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Thatblackchic

Thatblackchic Member

Sigh, so I did the ukcat and got a measly 603, i have cried and cried and cried. So now im for advancement. I called QMUL who said the lowest UKCAT they interviewed was 580 or some score, however their website says anything below 600 will not get interview (which makes me borderline). Also on the request for freedom of information websites, QMUL does not seem to interview anyone below 630.

I was also considering Dundeem, Glasgow., Newcastle They do not specify particular UKCAT scores, but realistically most unis want minimum 650 before they even look at your application. I am an A&E nurse w/ 2 years experience, 2.i in adult nursing, forget about the GCSEs and A level results, they are not a factor. I am aware of the gamsat but I will not be taking it for this cycle. Apply or give up hope?

2. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Beware submitting an application that is unlikely to meet the bar. Some Uni's won't consider a candidate that they have reverted more than one or a few times.

However, if a uni doesn't reject previous unsuccessful applicants, what do you have to loose?

Why not start studying now and sit the march GAMSAT?
    The sit the UKCAT in the first week of sittings. They you are set up for applying next year with time to research and plan what options are most viable for you.

Many mature applicants don't get in first round. I didn't.
    So if it's truly your dream, work harder and be patient.

Good luck!

3. Thatblackchic

Thatblackchic Member

This is my second round, my UKCAT score last year was below 600 so I didn't even bother to apply. I have done some more and have decided to apply. Some grads with a UKCAT score like this have gotten to 5 year interview, so I'm going to take a chance.

4. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Good Luck.

Your determination will be a plus in your application. May interviewers value that!