Isat

Discussion in 'Monash Medical School' started by yonanz, Jun 6, 2007.

1. yonanz

yonanz New Member

I am an offshore applicant and am required to sit the ISAT test for Monash mbbs program.

anyone can tell me, what kind of ISAT score is considered "good" or eligible to be selected for the interview?

thanks

2. sandhya1990

sandhya1990 New Member

Hi i am an applicant to Monash to. May i ask which campus u are applying for? Malaysia or Astralia. And i have sat the ISAT and am wondering what kinda score is considered good too. I got 168 160 and 164 respectively. How bout you?

3. yonanz

yonanz New Member

Hi your question came as rather abrupt because the comment I have posted above was dated one year back! Haha, well I no absolutely nothing about the Malaysia campus. I applied for the australian main campus. I got 180 180 180 and couldnt get in - competition is very stiff. I suspect only an average score of about 185 can get you to the interview doorstep. Well Im not 100% sure, because they look at your academic grades in conjunction with your ISAT results. Maybe they set high ISAT threshold, and with those scores of yours, I think it might be abit difficult.

However, Malaysia campus is easier to get in, so all the best k!

4. thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon New Member

hey guys not sure if this applies to monash as well but uwa states on its website that there is no absolute threshold. you're ranked against other applicants who have taken the isat, and i think a certain percentage of ppl will be given interviews. i got 179 171 175 btw but im not applying to monash so hopefully my scores arent considered too low!

5. >Freak<

>Freak< New Member

Guys..i just got mine today..it's 172, 178, 175 with an average percentile of 69. What did you guys get? I think they might be looking at the percentile instead of the score since it'd be unfair if certain batch was given an ''easier'' set of papers. I only applied to the Malaysian Campus(Monash) though..don't really intend to go there but since my father wants me to get an offer from them..i've also gone for the interview..it was quite smooth, they didn't really grill me much. Ha!

To be honest, i thought i might get something below 160 as i wasn't very sure of most of the answers i chose..I simply opted them as i think they should be the one closest/most similar to the right answer..quite pleased with my score, even though it isn't really an amazing one.

By the way, what are(or were) you guys' percentile ranking?

6. thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon New Member

hey there i got the same percentile as you. but i dun think this is gonna be our final percentile. i think this percentile is only your standing amongst others who have sat the isat on the same sitting as you.

7. >Freak<

>Freak< New Member

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's not. To be honest, 69 isn't exactly very good. lol

Did you realise that we have the same average score, which is 175?(and the same percentile as well?)

8. bruh

bruh New Member

I have to write the ISAT in a couple of weeks to apply to Monash, what are the questions like? How can I prepare for it? Are any aptitude tests online similar to it? Or SAT similar? I'm nervous because there is only 22 questions given on the website I don't know how else to prepare