Interview/offer Stats

nicnac-87

likewise docmayu...
I really hope I hear tomorrow too!!!
But if I hear tomorrow I hope it is good news coz my dissertation is due in tomorrow, so it will be a happy day and nothing should spoil it haha!!

docmayu

hopefulli nicnac-87 we will both hear good news tomoz and i would like to wish others who are still waiting good luck too!

unjust

The journey is over for me now. i am so angry and frustrated i cant stand it. bastards;

Anyway congra to those who got in and good luck well done.

would i do this again in the UK, absolutely not. i think is a very unfair process. the grades and the experiences only takes less than half way, there are other things that some of us will never have.

unjust

Like my mum said, is one to be enthusiastic or ambitious some thing, but if the world does not respond to this, it will take you no where.

elz

sorry to hear that unjust. i didnt get in my first yr either but then got 3 offers the nxt year which made no sense. i would agree its an unfair process in the UK and probably everywhere but id encourage u not to give up if its what you really want. yea u need more then grades and experience in that u need to be able to excel in an interview situation, but u can learn those skills, i did an interview technique course which helped me loads (well im guessing it did?). u do need enthusiasm and ambition, but lots more beside.

well done to everyone who got offers, hope the rest of u hear soon.

nicnac-87

nope docmayu, not a peep!!!
i tried calling admissions earlier to see what the deal is, coz is now after their deadline, and its going straight to answer phone,
so hopefully we will find out in the next day or so...

:)

docmayu

i foned the admissions yesterday...nd apparentli the deadline is this friday....so i wish good luk 2 every1 still waiting!

nicnac-87

god that makes me more nervous knowing it will either be today or tomoz that i find out.
I do honestly believe it will be a rejection though... it just seems to have gone on to long for there to be a good outcome!!!

docmayu

has any1 completely heard anything these two days- wednesday & thursday...whether it is a offer or rejection

docmayu

u heard yet ...nicnac-87...seems lyk a gap year was such a waste of time for me...this being my 8th rejection for medicine

med_lion

hey docmayu...i know it's easier said then done but just take it easy atm! Maybe try for graduate entry or even take a second gap year and this time apply to places wisely...ill speak to you on msn later mate.

nicnac-87

I got rejected too docmayu... gutted!!
If you still thinks its meant to be, try and try again!?
I dont think Ill be trying again, I'm just gonna make a damn good nurse instead like i trained to do.
did u apply to any other courses docmayu?

docmayu

hey nicnac-87...i feel so frustrated...it is so hard to take in after i put so much hard work- hardli no sleep always working my best i could to prepare to get into medicine and i done so many sacrifices..but i gt optometry..so im thinkin of doin optometry instead of gambling then applying for graduate entry..i guess it is my fate...i hope u have an excellent career as a nurse nicnac-87
thanks med_lion...i guess i cant realli do anything except move on