Interview/offer Stats

docmayu

dont worri nicnac-87...im in the same position as u...i had my interview on feb 18th as well...i guess all we culd do is be patient...by the way for ppl hu hav offers now...congratz!!!..did u get it on ucas track in the morning or afternoon

stobin2

hi guys
just been lucky enough to find out i got a conditional offer of getting a 2.1 in my degree and also passing the chemistry summer school. anyone else get an offer based on going to summer school? any one know anything about it? duration, start date? where to stay?
hopefully see u all up north next year!!

Doms

OMG!!!

I just got a conditional offer upon passing the summer school!!! So excited!!! Well done to everyone else!!!

Stobin2, the summer school starts early june and runs through to the end of august. They put you up in halls of residence. Message me for any more details, I got a 2:1 last year in business.

GregS

isnt wales land of the sheep!! and Scotland is land of the haggis!
Haha, yeh, i think wales is, but Aberdeen folk (mainly the football fans, i think), are often referred to having a great affection for sheep, to put it politely.

Anyway, enough talk about sheep, well done to everybody who has got an offer so far, and good luck to those who are still waiting!

Kensei

Stobin2, the summer school starts early june and runs through to the end of august. They put you up in halls of residence.
Not really, you'd only get a place in the halls if u did the whole summer school programme (4+1 modules)... and while u're only required by UCAS to get a good mark in chemistry, I strongly discourage anyone in the same situation from adding any other courses to the list, even if that would give u free accommodation.. why?

Simple, really. You will need to get the same (good) mark in each course you take, not just chemistry. I don't know why, that's the way things work. So if u have a choice of getting an 18/20 in Chem, *or* getting 18/20 in Chem, Maths, History AND I.T., together with opportunity for a free accommodation, I'd still go for Chemistry only ;) But hey - maybe I'm lazy, don't hate me for that ;)

The other thing you'd get of doing a full summer school programme is full refund of costs (i.e. it would b free for many students) - however, you are playing with your chances there, since failing even one of the chosen modules would mean you don't get a place in medical course...

So i say - take chemistry only, pay 150 quid they want, find a flat for 2 months and bite your tongue while you have to cover the rent and electricity bills... but at least you'll maximize your chances of getting a place on the course :)

Doms

Simple, really. You will need to get the same (good) mark in each course you take, not just chemistry. I don't know why, that's the way things work. So if u have a choice of getting an 18/20 in Chem, *or* getting 18/20 in Chem, Maths, History AND I.T., together with opportunity for a free accommodation, I'd still go for Chemistry only But hey - maybe I'm lazy, don't hate me for that
Hey Kensei, I got my UCAS letter off the internet and it says that I need to obtain a 'minimum of CAS18 for Chemistry only at Aberdeen Summer School' so surely my grades in the other subjects wouldn't matter. Can you just clarify to me where you got your info from.

Cheers mate, I would def consider the option of only doing chemistry if what you say is correct.

Kensei

Hey Doms

I got my info from course co-ordinator - a year ago, when I was doing Chemistry in Summer School, I was working out the options to make it cheaper. It turned out u might get a full refund if u take 4 subjects, but u have to pay if u only do one (weird, but it's true). So i looked into it, but my student advisor explained to me that taking 4 subjects would mean I need to get CAS 18 in *each* of them (I know ur UCAS letter asks for chemistry only, but it gets slightly more complicated - if u're willingly asking to make the summer school more difficult for yourself, they will b happy to oblige and make it hell for you) - therefore this game was not worth it's rewards, considering the risks.

Go for Chemistry only - even though you'll have 2 pay, it's easy enough on its own not to cause any problems to a med school applicant. Seriously, that course is a piece of cake :)

med_lion

Hey, after my harsh interview on the 11th Feb i finally recieved an unconditional offer on friday..just found out today after checkin my mail :p offer from glasgow and abdn now :) so relieved!..(english student btw)