interview/no interview

Discussion in 'Aberdeen Medical School' started by SUF, Mar 18, 2012.

1. SUF

SUF New Member

hi guys,

i was just wondering if any of you know that do aberdeen always interview before they give an offer or can they give an offer without an interview? also was wondering if universities decide to interview you do they need to give you an advanced notice ( about 1-2 weeks) or can they just decide whenever.

thanks much appreciated

2. Kensei

Kensei New Member

Hey Suf,

The interview is an integral part of selection process at Aberdeen med school and is required to calculate each applicant's score which is then used to decide who's getting an offer. I can't imagine why they'd choose to skip this step for someone - if they did, such an individual would be impossible to compare to others (and therefore shouldn't be offered a place).

On the other hand, I'm not part of the admissions dept. - they may give you a better answer if you'd like to contact them about this.

If you're selected for an interview, they'll give you at least 1 week's notice (I think I've been told 2 weeks in advance). i.e. They wouldn't tell you the day before, especially if you're from another town (or EU).

Kensei

3. SUF

SUF New Member

thanks kensei,

i appreciate your help. just one more question i was wondering do you know how long they give interviews out for and until which month?

thanks suf

4. Kensei

Kensei New Member

AFAIK, the interviews start sometime in November and continue until mid-March. Some additional interviews might be held throughout summer for the folk high on the waiting list, but there wouldn't be many of those.

5. Books

Books New Member

Hi, I applied to Aberdeen through UCAS before the 15th Oct deadline last year. Recently, they conducted interviews in my country, but I wasn't called for one.
    However, the strange thing is that they still have not informed me on whether they have rejected me or not, although I was not called for an interview... So, is there a chance that they would give me an offer without an interview, for some very strange reason?? *extremely hopeful* :)

Books

6. Kensei

Kensei New Member

Hey Books,

To my knowledge, our university doesn't normally send out rejection letters until the end of the main interview stage (early April?) - assuming the applicant meets the academic requirements.

The interview situation is different for international students who are eligible to be interviewed outside of UK. This is a special situation and unfortunately I can't comment on that particular process.

7. Books

Books New Member

Oh, okay... I shall wait with both my fingers crossed then! Thank you, Kensei... :D