1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview and work experience

Discussion in 'St George's, University of London' started by Fatima1, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Fatima1

Fatima1 New Member

Sticky situation; as a graduate and a previous applicant some of my work experience is older than 2/3 years. This will not be on my work experience form therefore. However is it still OK to bring it up in the interview? Because I feel it is relevant and taught me a lot. Thanks ;).

2. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Of course it's OK to bring it up!

In fact to my knowledge the WE is scored by what is said in the interview...

3. sehs527

sehs527 New Member

What is the work experience form used for? Surely for some candidates it isn't possible to cover all their experiences in the 5 minutes.

4. sehs527

sehs527 New Member

People could just lie in the interview aswell?

5. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

To be honest, I don't know how they now use that form since they moved to MMI.

They do follow up the references so will to a degree know if you lie, so that's a red flag and you most probably out.

The "Work Experience" question is not "What work experience did you do". It asks you is usually some thing more tangential which makes you draw upon your experiences to answer. You may not even realise that the Q is about the work you did...

6. Fatima1

Fatima1 New Member

Thanks a lot :D