Intercalated Bsc Advice

Discussion in 'Imperial College School of Medicine' started by Han881, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Han881

Han881 New Member

Hi I've just been given a place on the Surgery & Anaesthetics Bsc. I'm in Manchester currently. I don't really know anything about where it's based and how much time commitment there is during the week, i wondered whether anyone could advise me?

Also, where do people live generally? I will be living with friends as I'm a 4th year and I'm not sure I could handle halls! Unless you would reccommend some halls? I'm a bit clueless as there wasn't an open day so any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Hannah

2. Medic2013

Medic2013 New Member

I'll forward some stuff on to you, although i'm not on the S&A course itself I have notes/will ask mates.

Primarily St Mary's and South Ken from what i'm aware. Private accomodation, shared or otherwise, is usually the norm. There are some halls in South Ken although rather dear, and some cheaper based at Hammersmith.

3. T.M.E

T.M.E New Member

Hi, sorry to jump in on the intercalation thread, but I'm in need of some help!

I'm hoping to apply to do an external intercalation at imperial for next year to do neuroscience.
    I was just wondering how competitive the application process is and if there are any CV or personal statement requirements/ achievements to make my application more favourable (apart from exam results)?
    Also how driven do you have to be towards your particular Bsc field?

Thanks!