I have no time to read it. Help me

Yazeed

Hi guys.

I started reading Physiology by Guyton and Hall, but with time, I couldn't continue with this book because of its size. My question is that is there any smaller book similar to Guyton? and at my stage, should I study from the basis books or the basic books?

Second year medical student.

bubblewrap

I use Vander's Human Physiology...I've never used Guyton and Hall so i'm afraid i cannot do a comparision but for me vanders is the perfect book. Nice clear writing, nice pictures and it seems to answer any questions i have in the one book.

Oh yeah its a good size (well 10th edition is because i've looked at some of the other editions and they look heavy) - but this one fits perfectly into my bag!

annaspanna

Vander is a brilliant book, I used for my degree but it wasn't medicine, but I was recommended it by med students.

DamianUK

Moore and Dalley... thats the one we all use here. Its big but you can pair it down and then go back and expand when you need to.

Damian

Jake

Enigmatic Moderator
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but I think Human Physiology by Bray from The Lecture Notes series is an excellent concise book for physiology.

xSamanthax

I know what you mean about Guyton and Hall, but all in all i think its great - a bit boring to look at etc, but really gets all the relavant info in - no details skimmed over or missed - so you REALLY understand it - but in terms of simplicity for learning i dont know....