1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduates who have been accepted onto the A100 course

Discussion in 'Leicester Medical School' started by DrHannah, Feb 28, 2015.

1. DrHannah

DrHannah New Member

Hi, I have recently received the news that I have been accepted to study on the A100 course. Now I have the dilemma of figuring out how to fund it. If you are in the same position as me, how are you planning to fund your course ?
    Thanks
    Hannah

2. Thatblackchic

Thatblackchic Member

Hi there, first off congrats on getting a place. Hopefully I will be in your position this time next year. I know of people who work bank shifts as agency HCA, however they also have savings as well so there is an idea.

3. persianmd

persianmd Member

Congrats on the offer DrHannah!

Have you looked into the financial supports available these days for graduates? For example, is there is any tuition fee or maintenance loan available in the later years? Also, do you have any savings you could use?

Depending on how much you need financially, working could be a viable option. I am in my penultimate year on a GEM course, and I have been working 20 hours per week since the 1st year. In the pre-clinical years it was generally fine to balance without any issues. It's a little more more tough during clinical years in my experience, but still manageable.

4. BrionytheLiony

BrionytheLiony New Member

Hi, I will be a graduate too (I'm in my final year of my degree now) and I have an offer to Leicester.

I am lucky in that I was left some money by my Uncle in his will so that is primarily how I will be funding my degree, alongside summer jobs and part-time working. It's also worth knowing if you weren't already aware that as a graduate you can still apply for a maintenance loan from student finance (up to the maximum amount of I think £6k), just not the grat (or, obviously, tuition fees).