1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduates at HYMS 2013

Discussion in 'Hull York Medical School' started by stuugart, Mar 18, 2013.

1. stuugart

stuugart New Member

Hey,

I was wondering if there were any graduates attending HYMS this september?

2. Simon1988

Simon1988 New Member

Hi,

I believe that there are around 10 graduates/site in Year 1 this year, this is less than previous years due to fee increases. I would imagine that there would be a similar number this year - I don't know whether you could fine out via the admissions department following campus allocation in June? In my year (inc. myself) there are about 30-40 of us in total :).

3. stuugart

stuugart New Member

Hi, thanks for the input- i might ask admin after allocation then. Can you tell me what its like as a graduate on this course, its something im a tiny bit worried about. Any input would be masssssively appreciated!

4. Simon1988

Simon1988 New Member

What is it in particular you are worried about?

I'm not sure what your background is, but I came straight from uni to medicine and didnt't find it too bad settling into a new place and course. If your attendance is good and you complete the work to an adequate standard then you should be ok! Don't get me wrong, the exams are certainly not easy but if you are prepared to put the work in then it will pay off.

In terms of being on a course with graduates and school leavers, I have never felt unwelcome/'too old'.