graduate UKCAT scores

j0123

Wanted to start a thread just for grad applicants to compare scores- not sure if grads generally score higher than school leavers?

Anyway, I got 660- applyin for Nottingham, Imperial, Warwick and Kings (all GEP).

Arch_Angel

Hey hey

I got 708, and I'm applying for Barts, Warwick, Oxford and Swansea.
Also, can anyone posting after me say what first degree they did (but don't feel obligated to post the final grade). I'm doing genetics at the moment.

Nik

K

kotoreru

I got a 665 avg, applying to Barts, Warwick and BSMS. First degree was in Biology. All this is in the sig...

Big a

hey choffer333 amazing score well done! can i ask wot u did to prepare and stuff if u dnt mind? my test is this thursday and oh btw im a grad too so its ok if i post here rite? :) im going into my 3rd year of Biomedical Sciences and am predicted a 2:1 too. thanks and good luck with the application

Choffer333

Thanks i did the online practice and then i had the UKCAT/BMAT book and did the UKCAT in that. that was it. watch the time in the QR section. good luck xx

Platypus

choffer333 that's fantastic! Well done! You should not have any problem getting an interview at King's with that score and your degree.

Seng

715 Avg - predicted 1st in Biomed at KCL

Going for QM and KCL (interview!) 5 year course and Imperial and Warwick GEP.

kidaz

I just did mine an hour ago or so, and am quite happy:
VR 730 / QR 760 / AR 900 / DA 750
average of 785... Not as good as you Choffer, though... kudos! I feel blessed to get that score.

Big smiles :)

CatherineT

eeek- now im freaking- i think I totally messed up the gamsat so gonna have to rely on the old ukcat- does studying for it work- i did it last year and cant even remember what i got! you think grads will be asked for higher scores, or you just think they get higher scores- I'm wondering if arts grads will be asked for more than scientists?!

Arch_Angel

It shouldn't matter if you're an arts grad or science grad for the UKCAT, what they may ask is your chemistry and biology qualifications though (but that's nothing to do with UKCAT).

It seems grads get slightly higher scores,(looks more like 600-800 rather than 500-700) but this is probably because they are more used to taking exams and revising for them outside a strict program. Many A level students seem to ask what they should be trying to learn for this exam (or simply just accepting the UKCAT website's nonsense that it can't be "revised" for) rather than preparing for it by knowing the format of the test and how to go about understanding how the questions will be asked.

This is expected though as grads have at a bare minimum 3 years hard learning +however many years they've been out of uni for advantage over the A levelers.

Nik

Last edited:

Big a

omg kidaz!! how did u get such an amazing score on AR?? omg id love to get that, thats my weakest point so any tips wud be really appreicated please! thanks and congrats again :)

Gingewill

Hello guys,

Very impressed with the scores on here, I think the point that graduates generally score highly is fair. As an arts graduate I backed myself on the verbal reasoning but it was still my worst section. Overall got 737.5 average so pretty pleased, but good to see some good competition around ;)
I'd love to go for all graduate courses but the competition might be just too intense so am also going for a couple of standard courses. Good luck to all with the applications!

Will

Newcastle 4yr
KCL 4yr
Southampton 5yr
Cardiff or Hull/York... undecided...

Platypus

eeek- now im freaking- i think I totally messed up the gamsat so gonna have to rely on the old ukcat- does studying for it work- i did it last year and cant even remember what i got! you think grads will be asked for higher scores, or you just think they get higher scores- I'm wondering if arts grads will be asked for more than scientists?!
Hi CatherineT

I think you will find that you cannot use last year's UKCAT if you are applying this year for 2008 entry.

Also, places like King's GEP rely solely on UKCAT for interview, so a very high score is essential as the competition is indeed fierce (40 applicants per place). King's, unlike Barts, Oxford or Southampton, have not published a cut-off for the 4-year graduate course, so it is impossible to guess what score you would need. Check out the other universities' requirements.

Good luck with your application.

ab0cjh

Grad UkCAT

Hmmmmm.

Some very high scores here. Congrats to everyone.

Having seen some of the scores on here and considering that only a few of the people going for grad entry will be posting on the forum, i am begining to wonder if a score below 750 will be good enough to secure an interview for the Grad courses (those that select for interview purely on UKCAT score).

So much speculation and no answers :confused:

I got 720 and was going to apply to Kings GEP. Must say that I'm not so sure now.

Degree is 1:1 MEng - Civil & Architectural Engineering (Quite a career change i know)

ab0cjh

joanne82

This thread only represents a tiny amount of people who are applying and especially because most posts are from people scoring highly most people who score lower will not post their score. I would guess that most grads have scored 600-700, still higher than school leavers but not as high as these lucky few so dont worry. Ive spoken to quite a few grads either at GAMSAT on Fri or through this site and most didnt score this high so anyone without a very high score shouldnt be put off.

kidaz

Hey guys. I personally hate scores, cos really a person is far more than the score they achieve. I know that sounds high-foluting, but I really think that in the long run (ie 50 years of work life!) an extra year on your degree (undergrad medicine) really will be a distant memory. I got 785, but i'm applying to 2 GEPs and 2 Undergrads, cos I know my personal statement and interviews count way more than any score could.

Best not to freak out!

Love y'all,

kidaz

Pammy

I got 812.5, my first degree was in Biochemistry at Oxford (quite a long time ago).
Applying to Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial and KCL (GEP). Think I would prefer the course in Warwick to the King's one, but boyfriend says there is no way we will move there if he has any say in the matter :)

Perhaps one of the reasons grads do better is that generally they have more time to prepare, especially if they are currently doing an undergrad degree...? Although I can't say I overdid it with the preparation...

Pammy

Arch_Angel

Oxford have a published cut off point? What is it?

I've heard the average last year was 712 and the lowest was 650 (for interviews) but I got the impression at the open day that they'd just kind of weigh up your score with all the rest. For example, someone with a masters, a PhD and published research with a score of 690 is more likely to get an interview than someone with a BSc with 730.

But if they've got a certain published score like barts have for their undergrad course......well, what is it?

j0123

I think my point for this thread has been lost a little! Im sure that out of the huge number of grads who come on here most havent scored this high- many have posted scores on toher threads and now dont want to add their score here as its become a bit of a 'over 700' club. Dont worry everyone who didnt get such a fantastic score as these lucky few your not the only ones- i bet there are loads worried grads out there now who are a little worried about their score even if its still not too low.