Graduate optometrist applying 4 dentistry

haji

Hi

I am graduate optometrist who is contemplating on applying for the graduate dentistry course.

It's been a while since I graduated (2002) and I feel perhaps few things are not in my favour namely:

- Age , approaching 28
- Intellect, cognitive brain cells diminishing at an exponential rate and although fortunately achieved 1st class hons not sure I could pass the dreaded GAMSAT

I love my current job but it wasnt my first choice- you guessed it I didnt manage to get into dental school.

And so I want to follow my youthly aspirations.

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks

Poppet

Hi
I graduated in 1997, degree in Pharmacology from Leeds. I too had always wanted to study Dentistry, but gave up on the idea as I thought I was too old, and I only had a 2:2. I thought my knowledge was rusty, although I sat GAMSAT last year and passed with enough for Peninsula to consider me. After interview I have been offered a place at Peninsula Dental School, starting in Sept.

So, you have to go for it, with a 1st and work experience you have a great chance. Lots of other Unis offer graduate 4 year courses too, Lpool based at UCLAN Preston, Kings, BARTS and Queen Mary. Not sure who asks for GAMSAT or UKCAT ?? Try ringing the admissions dept of each Uni and enquire.

DORREENVERDOSCI

WE LOOKING FOR AN OPTOMETRIST. WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR DENTIST AND DENTAL ASSISTANTS TO. WE ARE A OPTOMETRIST, DENTAL, AUDIOLOGY AN PODIATRY PRACTICE. THIS WOULD GET YOU IN ON BOTH LEVELS. INTERESTED CALL 203-758-6834. ASK FO JIM OR MELISSA. THANKS.

I am graduate optometrist who is contemplating on applying for the graduate dentistry course.

It's been a while since I graduated (2002) and I feel perhaps few things are not in my favour namely:

- Age , approaching 28
- Intellect, cognitive brain cells diminishing at an exponential rate and although fortunately achieved 1st class hons not sure I could pass the dreaded GAMSAT

I love my current job but it wasnt my first choice- you guessed it I didnt manage to get into dental school.

And so I want to follow my youthly aspirations.

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

DORREENVERDOSCI

Looking for an optometrist in connecticut

Are you interested in working for a great company. We supply optometry, audiology, dental and podiatry to all snf and rehab ctrs. Instead of patients coming to us, we are guaranteed pt's that we go too. Homes range from 60 bed to 400 beds and by state law, every patient needs to be seen for each discipline. We are looking to hire a podiatrist and optometrist. Also a dentist. If interested fax resume to 203-758-6921 or call 203-758-6834. Ask for melissa or jim. Say dorreen referred you. Thanks and have a great day.

Heinzo23

The dental care is important. If you ignore your dental health then it can lead you to painful conditions. I had sudden pain in jaw so paid emergency visit to dentist Manhattan Beach. The deep cavity was there so he filled it permanently. Now there is no pain and I am feeling as good as before.