1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduate Entry Medicine with a 2:2?

Discussion in 'GAMSAT' started by trida702, Jun 10, 2011.

1. trida702

trida702 New Member

I could really use any advice that you guys have to offer.
    I've been thinking long and hard about going to medschool and I definitely want to do it. I've got a 2:2 BSc Hons degree in Medical Biochemistry, and i'm aware most uni's ask for a 2:1. I've got a lot of care experience both part time n full-time and also a bit of shadowing work that i've done in the past.
    Realistically, what are my chances of getting onto a 4-year course?

2. ceih

ceih New Member

Same as anybody else. You meet the requirements for the universities that accept 2:2 (pending UKCAT/GAMSAT exam scores, obviously), and they don't discriminate against people with 2:2 degrees at interviews.

As such, you can immediately look at St George's, Nottingham and Peninsula, then depending on your A Levels you may be able to consider Kings and a few others.

3. trida702

trida702 New Member

Grad Entry

Thank you so much, and congrats to you for getting a place! I see you did well on your GAMSAT. Could you please advice me on which resources to use in preperation of the exam? I hear its very difficult and should start preparing now if I want to sit the exam in September.

4. brightstar77

brightstar77 New Member

Hi

I agree Notts, St Georges and Peninsula are the main 3 with a 2:2.

But I'm in the same situation and am stuck with my 4th choice. I'd have to do a masters to be looked at by Kings for the 4yr, but does anyone know of anywhere that will accept 2:2s on their 5 year standard courses as well as science A-levels at the required grades? I've looked on pretty much every website and most in their guidance say with the 5yr you still need a 2:1.

Anyone know of anywhere? Does Kings require a 2:1 for their 5yr?